[Support] MarkusMcNugens Docker Repository

I seem to be having a issue with Sonarr and qBittorrentvpn v4.1.9.1. It was working great before, but now it won't finish moving/renaming after it completes the download. I just get the warning "No files found are eligible for import in" and I check there and the file is there. Anything I should do to get it working again? I'm at a loss right now what to do. 

17 hours ago, yanksno1 said:

I seem to be having a issue with Sonarr and qBittorrentvpn v4.1.9.1. It was working great before, but now it won't finish moving/renaming after it completes the download. I just get the warning "No files found are eligible for import in" and I check there and the file is there. Anything I should do to get it working again? I'm at a loss right now what to do. 

Odds on its mis-matched path mappings between sonarr / qBittorent

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/?tab=comments#comment-566086

• 4 weeks later...

hello, I am just new to docker and seem to have actually set this up on windows 10 took me a few days.

First Thanks a ton works GREAT, thanks!  To get your container to docker in Windows 10 the script had to look like this below (took some time to find this one)

$ docker run --privileged  -d `
              -v /your/config/path/:/config `
              -v /your/downloads/path/:/downloads `
              -e "VPN_ENABLED=yes" `
              -e "LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24" `
              -e "NAME_SERVERS=8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4" `
              -p 8080:8080 `
              -p 8999:8999 `

-p 8999:8999/udp `
              markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn

My problem is and I guess its more of a can you help me with.

Sonarr, radarr and jacket are install on windows 10, bittorrentvpn installed on same machine in docker, all seems to be going ok but I found a hickup and not sure if its addressable, in sonarr its reporting that after the file has finished downloading in qtorrentvpn and turns off seeding and is marked completed, then sonarr tries to move the file to the appropriate area, then I get this error below.

[/downloads/torrents/completed/sonarr/file] is not a valid local path. You may need a Remote Path Mapping

(My belief is that the conversion from windows say c:\downloads to linux /downloads is only 1 way)

(the sonarr category is added by sonarr)

This is my download path in qbittorrentvpn docker  ---  -v C:\Users\Jeff\Downloads\:/downloads

This is my download path in the qbittorent  ---  /downloads/torrents/completed

(the downloads from qbittorentvpn goto the correct spot)

So Sonarr sends search to jackett which sends .torrent to qbittorrent (works fantastic through vpn btw) up to this point all ok,  sends notification back to sonarr that its completed, now sonarr does not understand the path translation back from the qbittorrent and cannot move the downloaded file to the proper location.

looks like docker/qbitorrentvpn is sending      /downloads/file    instead of    C:\Users\Jeff\Downloads\file    back to sonarr

Any ideas other then me dockering all of it, or going full on linux (VERY green with linux and docker)

Edited by lordjippo
forgot some info
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. First of all, thank you for the great container. I love it, setup was a breeze.

I've two questions:

- How can I check the VPN IP address the container got assigned with? (I get way too good performance with PIA and want to check it)

- Is there a way to have country flags next to the IP addresses in the qBittorrent WebGUI?

Thank you !

2 minutes ago, Gwendolyn Parker said:

Hello. First of all, thank you for the great container. I love it, setup was a breeze.

I've two questions:

- How can I check the VPN IP address the container got assigned with? (I get way too good performance with PIA and want to check it)

- Is there a way to have country flags next to the IP addresses in the qBittorrent WebGUI?

Thank you !

For the first question http://checkmyip.torrentprivacy.com/ .

For the second one: they should just work. I can't say 100% because I moved on from this docker but I do remember the flags appearing normally when I was using it.

Also I'm disabling notifications this thread because I forgot I still had them. Good luck.

Thank you for the Torrent IP check site. Config working properly it seems. Great performance of this docker. Somhow faster than BinHex's.

Flags don't appear in the 'Country' column though. Weird. Someone ?

Another question in the meanwhile. The scheduler gives me issues. I'm under the impression the docker doesn't inherit server time zone.  There is an offset between the Server time and that of the docker. How could I check this ? Thank you.

Edited by Gwendolyn Parker
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 6:25 AM, je82 said:

I was reading through the documentation regarding the sFTP docker and it appears i have to specify the home path for each user directly in the startup string of the docker container. Does this mean i can only have 1 user with 1 home path per SFTP container and not multiple different users with multiple different home paths?

image.png.0a20d0c6459e31b19389e16776be9623.png

I'm having a similar issue. I've tried just about everything I can find on the internet. I can't seem to find a reliable way to direct a user to the folder I want them to use for uploading files. And when I do get things to run, they're plopped into the root directory, with no access to anything. Nothing shows, they can't create files/folders, etc. Once or twice I got a different folder to mount, but then they had access to everything, and that's not going to work. 

A good explanation on how to set up users and either a shared folder, or individual folders for them, with appropriate permissions etc, is much needed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/9/2018 at 7:17 PM, MarkusMcNugen said:

Squid got it right if you meant the qBittorrentvpn WebUI credentials. They are posted on the Github and Dockerhub descriptions. They are worth a read if you want to understand how the container fully works. You can change the admin credentials to anything you like, or disable authentication entirely for the local network. Totally up to you!

Thanks Squid! I didnt realize I wasnt getting email notifications from the unRAID forums. Im glad I checked back a few days ago so I could help some users and remedy that situation.

Hi, I'm new to this Qbittorrentvpn.

I an running the GUI, but none of the users and passwords you mention work for me. So, how do I change it or disable it? Thanks!

I was having issues with this docker (torrents wouldn't download), so I just deleted it. Am using PIA as my VPN by the way. Tried installing binhex-delugevpn, but got the same experience there. I did try downloading new PIA OpenVPN files, but that didn't seem to make a difference. So after deleting the docker image plus the original directory file, I tried this docker again. It worked! So far every torrent I've tested it's gone through.

So now I'm trying to get it going with the binhex-sonarr docker again. For the life of me, I can't get it to connect using the docker (setting up the Download Client). Anything I should be looking out for? I've attached my logs if you guys wanted to see those. Anything I'm missing on the Web UI? Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction! 

tower-syslog-20201221-0324.zip

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2020 at 1:45 AM, Michel Amberg said:

The SFTP container says it is not available anymore? What happened to it?

image.png.c666711763338cac7981bd15ed3ee339.png

I actually have the same curiosity. I noticed several weeks ago a message in 'Fix Common Problems' that said "Repository/tag no longer exists on dockerHub Additionally, this application has been blacklisted from Community Applications for that reason". Why the blacklist though? Would love to know what happened, or if there is some security flaw I should know about whilst over here broadcasting my server to the world. 

1 hour ago, WuGing said:

I actually have the same curiosity. I noticed several weeks ago a message in 'Fix Common Problems' that said "Repository/tag no longer exists on dockerHub Additionally, this application has been blacklisted from Community Applications for that reason". Why the blacklist though? Would love to know what happened, or if there is some security flaw I should know about whilst over here broadcasting my server to the world. 

If the app / tag the template has listed can no longer be downloaded, it gets blacklisted because it can't be installed at all.  It's also the reason why the Update Available is listed as being "Not Available" 

22 minutes ago, Squid said:

If the app / tag the template has listed can no longer be downloaded, it gets blacklisted because it can't be installed at all.  It's also the reason why the Update Available is listed as being "Not Available" 

Ah, gotcha. Good to know. I was like, blacklisted?? Cool. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2021 at 10:53 AM, WuGing said:

Ah, gotcha. Good to know. I was like, blacklisted?? Cool. Thanks!

Not you, the container was blacklisted because it was broken. The base image it's built on actually broke syslog-ng because of an error they made in it's config file. I didnt have any time to put toward fixing it at the time. I actually just pushed an update that fixes everything and includes a few small improvements.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:30 AM, Squid said:

Hey Squid,

The container has been fixed, upgraded, and put back up on dockerhub in perfect working order. Is there anything I need to do to get it unblacklisted?

Thanks!