[Support] MarkusMcNugens Docker Repository

On 8/11/2020 at 10:41 AM, AgentXXL said:

Is there a change log for the docker container update that unRAID/Fix Common Problems notified me about? I assume it's to update the qBittorrent client but as the current container has been rock solid, I'm reluctant to upgrade until I'm aware of what's changed.

No changelog. When I update a container that's simply what it is unless something is broken. I try to design containers so nothing has to manually be done to build an update other than run the build on Dockerhub. I've started using test tags and branches to test updates now after the whole SFTP debacle.

For example, when a build is initiated for qbittorrentvpn it dynamically grabs the latest version number of qBittorrent from their website and then downloads and installs that version. This way nobody has to manually edit the Dockerfile and change anything.

Edited by MarkusMcNugen
  • Like 1

I probably did something to muck this up. Once installed and the container starts I cant access the ui. When looking at the log this is what I get.  Is there a permission I am missing?

Unzipping CrushFTP...
Creating default admin...
Admin user written to:./users/MainUsers/
cat: can't open '/etc/system-release': No such file or directory
CrushFTP is not currently running...
Starting CrushFTP... OK

7 minutes ago, Dent_ said:

I probably did something to muck this up. Once installed and the container starts I cant access the ui. When looking at the log this is what I get.  Is there a permission I am missing?

Unzipping CrushFTP...
Creating default admin...
Admin user written to:./users/MainUsers/
CrushFTP is not currently running...
Starting CrushFTP... OK

That's expected output. Can you send, attach, or post the CrushFTP.log file from the appdata folder?

2 hours ago, MarkusMcNugen said:

That's expected output. Can you send, attach, or post the CrushFTP.log file from the appdata folder?

CrushFTP.log

Here is the log, only thing I changed is the wan IP. Question, if I change the ports that I want to use in unraid during setup is there a config file somewhere that I also have to edit?

20 hours ago, Dent_ said:

CrushFTP.log 133.71 kB · 0 downloads

Here is the log, only thing I changed is the wan IP. Question, if I change the ports that I want to use in unraid during setup is there a config file somewhere that I also have to edit?

Server is starting just fine. What is the network mode set to? Host? Bridge? br0? However you are accessing the server it's sending a ridiculous HTTP Header that looks like it's meant for Unraid.

Edited by MarkusMcNugen
24 minutes ago, MarkusMcNugen said:

Server is starting just fine. What is the network mode set to? Host? Bridge? br0? However you are accessing the server it's sending a ridiculous HTTP Header that looks like it's meant for Unraid.

It is in bridge, I only changed a couple port numbers that were already being used by other dockers.

CrushFTP

Further playing around, I can access crush on my test server using the edge (chrome) browser, I cannot access crush on my main server through edge. The crushFTP.log looks fine until I try and access crush on my main server then it gets those long log entries. Confusing part, I can access crush on my main server and test server using chrome browser just fine.

34 minutes ago, Dent_ said:

CrushFTP

Further playing around, I can access crush on my test server using the edge (chrome) browser, I cannot access crush on my main server through edge. The crushFTP.log looks fine until I try and access crush on my main server then it gets those long log entries. Confusing part, I can access crush on my main server and test server using chrome browser just fine.

If it's working with chrome but not with edge then that leads me to believe it's a cookie or cache issue with the edge browser. If you havent already try clearing those and see if it's working.

BTW, you are all good. You dont have to say what container you are talking about, I was asking fasur87 because it wasn't entirely clear and they didn't provide much info lol.

Edited by MarkusMcNugen
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, MarkusMcNugen said:

If it's working with chrome but not with edge then that leads me to believe it's a cookie or cache issue with the edge browser. If you havent already try clearing those and see if it's working.

Yup, this is all it was, thanks for the help.

I'd like to say I'm really liking the CrushFTP container. I have been looking for something like this since I switched to unraid.

I would really like to use the LetsEncrypt plugin. I have downloaded it and copied it to my /*/appdata/crushftp/plugins but I can not get it to load, I have tried restarting and stopping and starting the container and nothing. I'm assuming its a java issue since it says it doesn't work with java 9 & 10. Maybe a feature request to add for an update or maybe I'm going something wrong. Thanks

37 minutes ago, skaterpunk0187 said:

I'd like to say I'm really liking the CrushFTP container. I have been looking for something like this since I switched to unraid.

I would really like to use the LetsEncrypt plugin. I have downloaded it and copied it to my /*/appdata/crushftp/plugins but I can not get it to load, I have tried restarting and stopping and starting the container and nothing. I'm assuming its a java issue since it says it doesn't work with java 9 & 10. Maybe a feature request to add for an update or maybe I'm going something wrong. Thanks

Let me do some testing and see if I can get it to work myself. I can tell you that the base alpine container it's running on uses Java 16.

My setup is a bit funky since I dont want to use a non-standard HTTPS port and I already have a bunch of existing sites behind a reverse proxy. So I use the Swag container with lets encrypt to reverse proxy external HTTPS with SNI to CrushFTP for webdav access and have the other ports forwarded directly to the container through my firewall. That doesnt match up with everyone's use case so Ill need to do some testing myself to see what issues there may be with that CrushFTP plugin and Ill let you know.

5 hours ago, skaterpunk0187 said:

Did you use the correct plugin file, maybe you grabbed the CrushFTP 9 version? I copied the CrushFTP 10 version to the plugin directory, restarted the container and it's there. 😉

CrushFTP LetsEncrypt Plugin:

https://www.crushftp.com/crush10wiki/attach/LetsEncrypt plugin/LetsEncrypt.jar

image.thumb.png.0d8158f8142cb5c33ebe97a0cfb85a14.png

24 minutes ago, MarkusMcNugen said:

Did you use the correct plugin file, maybe you grabbed the CrushFTP 9 version? I copied the CrushFTP 10 version to the plugin directory, restarted the container and it's there. 😉

CrushFTP LetsEncrypt Plugin:

https://www.crushftp.com/crush10wiki/attach/LetsEncrypt plugin/LetsEncrypt.jar

I thought I used the CrushFTP 10 version the first time but I used the link and tried that and it still doesn't show in the plugin list. I even tried removing and removing the appdata directory as well and still not there. I guess when I get some time ill look into the reverse proxy since it will allow for other passthrough as well.  Thanks for looking into it.

48 minutes ago, skaterpunk0187 said:

I thought I used the CrushFTP 10 version the first time but I used the link and tried that and it still doesn't show in the plugin list. I even tried removing and removing the appdata directory as well and still not there. I guess when I get some time ill look into the reverse proxy since it will allow for other passthrough as well.  Thanks for looking into it.

Only other thing I can think of would be to check the CrushFTP.log file and see if it lists some kind of error when trying to read the plugin. I use letsencrypt for HTTPS with the swag container but purchase certs for other things. You can get some super cheap certs these days, ssls.com is where I buy mine.

https://www.ssls.com/ssl-certificates/comodo-positivessl

Edited by MarkusMcNugen
4 minutes ago, MarkusMcNugen said:

Only other thing I can think of would be to check the CrushFTP.log file and see if it lists some kind of error when trying to read the plugin. I use letsencrypt for HTTPS with the swag container but purchase certs for other things. You can get some super cheap certs these days, ssls.com is where I buy mine.

https://www.ssls.com/ssl-certificates/comodo-positivessl

I checked the log no plugin error. That will work, I used to pay for them to use with my Synology when I used that but I couldn't remember where I purchased them from. I don't mind paying I just didnt want to pay an arm and leg for a cert to use myself.

2 minutes ago, skaterpunk0187 said:

I checked the log no plugin error. That will work, I used to pay for them to use with my Synology when I used that but I couldn't remember where I purchased them from. I don't mind paying I just didnt want to pay an arm and leg for a cert to use myself.

Well that sucks, sorry I couldnt help more. If you are just looking for a cert for HTTPS than just use the Swag container with LetsEncrypt and SNI and forward with the reverse proxy to the crushftp http interface. You only really need the LetsEncrypt plugin with CrushFTP if you plan on doing direct HTTPS access from the outside or FTPS. I personally dont use FTPS, I just stick with SFTP and call it good. It's all about the SSH keys at that point instead of a SSL cert.

First up thanks @MarkusMcNugen for the efforts.

In SFTP my goal is to share a directory from my unraid array with a friend. I create him a user and he can SFTP connect fine, but so far no amount of trial and error has successfully shared the files with him. What do I need to add to the container under Unraid to make this work?

Say I wanted him to log in and see the content of my /mnt/users/videos dir?

Cheers

2 hours ago, jmbrnt said:

First up thanks @MarkusMcNugen for the efforts.

In SFTP my goal is to share a directory from my unraid array with a friend. I create him a user and he can SFTP connect fine, but so far no amount of trial and error has successfully shared the files with him. What do I need to add to the container under Unraid to make this work?

Say I wanted him to log in and see the content of my /mnt/users/videos dir?

Cheers

SFTP users are jailed in their home directories. If you want to share that folder with him you have to mount /mnt/users/videos inside the home directory for his user profile in the container, something like /home/*usersname*/videos.

Here's an example with a user named josh and a music folder:

image.png.80c36af7b375ae5972dff70995b03c9e.png

https://github.com/MarkusMcNugen/docker-sftp#sharing-a-directory-from-your-computer

I'm sure you can see how this would get rather cumbersome the more users and folders you have. Which is why you can also use a bash script to mount directories in users home folders that are mounted somewhere else inside the container. It's all on the github and dockerhub readmes. If you have any specific questions, ask away.

https://github.com/MarkusMcNugen/docker-sftp#bindmount-dirs-from-another-location

The thing is, since you have access to the sshd_config file you can make edits to it with the unraid root user where you have the sftp container mounted to your host, so you can configure it however you want. Dont want users jailed to their home directory? Want to jail them in a different directory? Want to filter based on user group and apply some options to specific users? All up to you ;)

Edited by MarkusMcNugen
4 hours ago, ffhelllskjdje said:

anyone else getting constant disappearing ssh keys ? I set my key for sftp, and it usually works for a day or so, but eventually it always removes my key. I have to go back in user preferences and readd the key. I put my key in /usr/local/lib if it matters.

Are you mounting that folder to the docker host? If not then it wouldn't have persistence. 

There is already a volume for persistence that you can use for the container. Check out the docker hub or within pages for the container. You should have /config mounted to the docker host and your ssh key for the SFTP server should go in /config/sshd/keys. You'll probably need to be logged in as root on your Unraid server to get into that folder once you have /config mounted, its locked down pretty hard for security.