Failed to execute login command

Sabot

Forgot to mention that I am attempting to login directly on the unraid server. My remote client is no longer able to login. I will need to do complete troubleshooting to ensure it's not a network issue as well. Attach the screenshot of the GUI screen. The non-GUI screen does not produce an error message but is stuck in a login loop. I did power cycle it last night, with the same result. I will pull the SSD later today and run chkdsk. 

Thank you for your assistance!!! Have a blessed day.

20180209_173705.jpg

Hi all, anyone found a solution to this problem. I have the SAME exact thing. I will run an chkdsk on mine too. I should also note that on mine, in addition to the same exact errors and conditions, I also have been forced to store my system away and not use it for about 4 months. I get this:

unRAID Server OS version 6.3.5

default via 192.168.0.1 dev br0 linkdown
192.168.0.0/24 dev br0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.160.0.199

So, other than the conditions noted by Sabot, I have the following:

- Had to move, so my computer has been sitting in storage for a few months in a sealed bag.

- I am connecting via ethernet to a new network.

- I had a static IP set on my home system, when I had it on my own network.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

UPDATE: It was a user error. I was trying to login to a user account that didn't have a password, whereas I normally login as root. Sorry for any confusion.

FURTHER UPDATE: Try logging in as root and change the User Accounts/Profiles, if need be? It might be a user error... like me. =D

Edited by Pariah Scion
Suggestion
  • 9 months later...
1 minute ago, springsman said:

I am having the same problem. I can only login as root. If I use the only other User that I created I get the "failed to execute login command". I checked the flash drive and it reports as OK. I deleted and re-created the User account, but the same message appears when trying to login.

Only root user has access to the webUI or the command line. The other users are only for network share access.