Docker Service failed to start

Merijeek

Came home today, went in to check on some containers, and wouldn't connect. 

I checked on things, and find when I go to Docker tab....

Docker Service failed to start.

I've tried to stop and restart the service. Bounced the entire box. Deleted the .img. Nothing seems to be helping. 

Any time I try to stop and start things manually, I'm just getting this:

Feb 13 15:53:52 UnRAID emhttpd: shcmd (217): /etc/rc.d/rc.docker start
Feb 13 15:53:52 UnRAID root: starting dockerd ...
Feb 13 15:54:02 UnRAID emhttpd: shcmd (219): umount /var/lib/docker

unraid-diagnostics-20180213-1558.zip

OK, well, another couple tries at the delete/reboot/recreate seems to have me up and running. 

Can anyone see any hardware issues in my diagnostics? This is not the first time this has had to be done on my end. But it is the most difficult time I've had getting it fixed...
Your diagnostics show that the docker.img was corrupted. Either by the unclean shutdown or by filling up completely

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the same issues after an unclean shut down (power outage).  Through the Unraid IU Settings>Dockers have deleted the img file and tried to restart the dockers - no luck - Docker tab -  "Docker Service failed to start"

I have attached my diagnostics.  I assume the docker image was corrupted by the unclean shutdown.

Thanks for the support

hal_9000-diagnostics-20180304-0945.zip

I have had the same issues after an unclean shut down (power outage).  Through the Unraid IU Settings>Dockers have deleted the img file and tried to restart the dockers - no luck - Docker tab -  "Docker Service failed to start"

I have attached my diagnostics.  I assume the docker image was corrupted by the unclean shutdown.

Thanks for the support
hal_9000-diagnostics-20180304-0945.zip
Well, your cache drive has 500+ reallocated sectors. Personally that's beyond my comfort zone, and it should be replaced. Throughout the logs the system is complaint about critical media errors on it. This is probably the ultimate root of your problems. (Also when replacing it, format the new one as XFS not REISERFS)

But, I doubt that the system was successful in deleting the image, if only because you didn't mention reinstalling your apps. What your going to have to do is disable the docker service then reboot and then delete the image.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Squid - thanks.  Was planning the reboot after I complete my parity check after the unclean power down.  The cache drive is on my maintenance list to replace along with a conversion of the entire array to XFS.

Once done, will confirm all is happy and close the thread.

SH

UPDATE:  Confirmed and operational - thanks Squid!

Edited by ShangHangin