web-VNC broken on upgrade to 6.4.1

Ned

I just upgraded from 6.3.5 to 6.4.1.  Everything looks good except that if I click on any of my running Win10 VMs and try to web-VNC to them via the unRAID GUI, it doesn't work anymore.  All I get is a black window pop up with a small multi-coloured garbled strip of pixels at the top.

Is this a known issue in 6.4.x?  If not, is there anything I can check?

I can RDP into the VMs just fine but this sucks because it was easier and faster to connect via the unRAID GUI.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just completed the upgrade from 6.3.5 to 6.4.1 today, and I am experiencing the same problem. All else seems to be ok. Dockers, VM's all running, but web VNC to VM's not working. Same symptoms as Ned.  I can also RDP into the VM's just fine.

Any help is appreciated.

26 minutes ago, tomjrob said:

Just an update here. No resolution.

I have tried the following:

3 Different browsers. Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. All fail the same way.

Tried clearing cache, cookies, etc. in all browsers and still same problem.

Set "Use SSL/TLS" to NO (see settings -> Identification) and see if that makes a difference.

I have some additional information on this. I have found that this problem is only happening with a Windows 10 VM. I have various Linux distros (Ubuntu, OpebSUSE, Mint) and also a Windows 7 VM, and VNC works fine via the Unraid GUI for all of these VM's. It appears to be isolated to the Windows 10 VM.

55 minutes ago, tomjrob said:

Solved:

Version 6.5.0 was released as stable yesterday so I have upgrades to 6.5.0 today and can report that web-VNC from the Unraid GUI with Windows 10 VM is now working.

Thanks much to bonienl for the suggestion.

Great, thanks for the update!