[Support] QDirStat, Jcloud - cryptoCoin templates

Just now, L0rdRaiden said:

Where you able to run at the same time more nodes than cpu cores? I read this limitation somewhere

I honestly haven't tried that, but I can tonight, after work (~4hrs), I'm only up to ten nodes -- and I thought that was plenty. :D

4 hours ago, Jcloud said:
4 hours ago, L0rdRaiden said:

Where you able to run at the same time more nodes than cpu cores? I read this limitation somewhere

I honestly haven't tried that, but I can tonight, after work (~4hrs), I'm only up to ten nodes -- and I thought that was plenty. :D

Confirmed. You can not start more nodes than one has system cores.

root@HYDRA:/mnt/user/storj# docker exec Storj storjshare start --config /storj/Node_32/config.json

failed to start node, reason: insufficient system resources available

I also took this experiment to watch the Container in my Netdata Docker Container. With each additional farming node the CPU usage stays the same, but each node adds ~50MB to allocated memory. 

Edited by Jcloud
grammar atk.

@Jcloud

First try, no luck.

I have move my old storjshare to Node1, and I have creates 4 more nodes/folders.

Then I run this command

root@MediaCenter:~# docker exec Storj storjshare-create --storj ******************* --storage /Storj/Node2 --size 200GB --outfile /Storj/Node2/config.json --rpcaddress 0.0.0.0 --rpcport 4004 --manualforwarding true --logdir /Storj/Node2

failed to write config, reason: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/Storj/Node2/config.json'

Why? I think I found a solution here https://github.com/Storj/storjshare-daemon/issues/122

But I don't know where should I create the folder they mention. I would appreciate if you can do a guide for dummies xD

On the other hand how do you have configured the docker template? everytime I run it even after setting up the script it run a node at the level of /Storj and doesn't even run my original storjshare in Node1 folder

For the script this is the setup (image)

Captura.thumb.PNG.9b979dd989b7cb81c7e6d08aed40b91a.PNG

2.PNG

1 hour ago, L0rdRaiden said:

I have move my old storjshare to Node1

No don't do that, just leave your current share in original folder think of it as "Node0" and just start/make node1.

failed to write config, reason: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/Storj/Node2/config.json'

Linux is CaSe SENsiTIVe, so are storj is lower case (on mine at least), and is Node2 folder capitalized on your system? If so, it's okay, if not that needs to change. 

I'm assuming since you moved your first node, that in your /user/mnt/storj location (unRAID user share for storj) you ran mkdir Node2 to make the new folder, before running the really long create command. Also, I saw your -rpcaddress is 0.0.0.0 if you're using dynamicDNS you can remove the "0.0.0.0" and put in your dDNS address -- if you're drawing a blank on this, don't worry about it for now.

On the other hand how do you have configured the docker template?

At work, can't make the answer now. I'll do screen shots later tonight and edit this post.

I would appreciate if you can do a guide for dummies xD

I'll see what this weekend/ next week looks like.

Edited by Jcloud
2 hours ago, Jcloud said:

No don't do that, just leave your current share in original folder think of it as "Node0" and just start/make node1.

Linux is CaSe SENsiTIVe, so are storj is lower case (on mine at least), and is Node2 folder capitalized on your system? If so, it's okay, if not that needs to change. 

I'm assuming since you moved your first node, that in your /user/mnt/storj location (unRAID user share for storj) you ran mkdir Node2 to make the new folder, before running the really long create command. Also, I saw your -rpcaddress is 0.0.0.0 if you're using dynamicDNS you can remove the "0.0.0.0" and put in your dDNS address -- if you're drawing a blank on this, don't worry about it for now.

At work, can't make the answer now. I'll do screen shots later tonight and edit this post.

I'll see what this weekend/ next week looks like.

Ok I will leave as "Node0"

Regarding the sensitive case I think is fine, I have taken that into account the nodes are really under \Storj\Node2

RPCaddress is fine I just replaced it by 0-0-0-0 to post it here, I'm using duckdns

Do I have to create the folders in CLI? I just created them from windows throug samba, I will try.

7 minutes ago, L0rdRaiden said:

Do I have to create the folders in CLI? I just created them from windows throug samba, I will try.

Hrmm perhaps run the Fix file permissions on webui (under tools I think), perhaps permissions are off because of using samba versus what Docker container wants. Couldn't hurt (making a pot-shot in the dark here)

If I run the comand below in the screenshot I get the output above the command

image.thumb.png.e9dc1769fd01e23dba04f79716f4573f.png

Every time I run the command it writes a new Json file but I don't know where it is stored

Every time I run the command to create a new node I get this error

image.thumb.png.d7bd6560bbd1ea46f4fc85471cfced8d.png

The path are fine, is case sensitive, I don't now what could be failing, I have found this https://github.com/Storj/storjshare-daemon/issues/122

but I don't know how to use it to fix this issue

Any idea?

u port forward from router to unraid ip and in unraid to docker, or if u use standalone ip for docker, then to the standalone ip, depends on your setup.

With https://storjstat.com/index.asp you can check if port is open (click on your ip or DNS) and you can see some nice stats. You diont need to install anything for it just search for your node id.

Edited by nuhll
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, nuhll said:

u port forward from router to unraid ip and in unraid to docker, or if u use standalone ip for docker, then to the standalone ip, depends on your setup.

With https://storjstat.com/index.asp you can check if port is open (click on your ip or DNS) and you can see some nice stats. You diont need to install anything for it just search for your node id.

Okay thanks it seems to be working. Is it worth it trying to use multiple nodes or should I stick with one?

No, update is important!

Docker gets updated like every day, np. (they also count who use old images, so i guess, its a quality factor!? Or might be at some time?!)

I would go with one node and when its easy to do sometime, then add more, or if one node is full. 

Currently iam nearly at 4gb, so i guess a good day :)

24.2 is my first post in this thread, so i guess around that date. You get some points for every X online. (i dont know X)

Edited by nuhll
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, nuhll said:
7 hours ago, L0rdRaiden said:

Every time I run the command to create a new node I get this error

adfsafds

Arg forums and cutting/pasting. @L0rdRaiden check that command line, Linux is case sensitive  (Sorry, you know that) also it's the the path with respect to *inside* the container so try changing: 

--storage /mnt/user/Storj/Node_1    to:

--storage /storj/Node_1

This will make it the config file go to (in unRAID host) to: /mnt/user/storj/Node_1

I know, sorry, it's command-line version of "Inception" (the movie; or 13th Floor for you purists ;) )

Edited by Jcloud
28 minutes ago, Prokie said:

I am trying out multiple nodes, is there a way I can configure them to automatically start after an auto update to the storj docker?

I've been trying to work on this too, I don't have a great working solution yet. My first attempt at doing this (seems to work about 50%) is outlined here 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jcloud said:

I've been trying to work on this too, I don't have a great working solution yet. My first attempt at doing this (seems to work about 50%) is outlined here 

Yeah I saw it earlier after I wrote. I will try your solution, thanks! :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Prokie said:

Yeah I saw it earlier after I wrote. I will try your solution, thanks! :)

Thinking about this at work, since I've been away from box for a few days, I think this works for when one updates the template, but doesn't actually work for the automatic updates. Which I think is why I thought, "it worked 50% of the time."   So, my mistake. I think I was looking at CA userScript plugin, making a "stupid" scheduled task, about 10 minutes after the update Window, which would kick off loading the multiple nodes.

Edited by Jcloud
14 hours ago, Jcloud said:

Thinking about this at work, since I've been away from box for a few days, I think this works for when one updates the template, but doesn't actually work for the automatic updates. Which I think is why I thought, "it worked 50% of the time."   So, my mistake. I think I was looking at CA userScript plugin, making a "stupid" scheduled task, about 10 minutes after the update Window, which would kick off loading the multiple nodes.

Yeah I am doing the "stupid" script now aswell, but there has to be a better solution.I will continue to research.

Edited by Prokie

Cant we just add another docker container with a different name/folder?

Edit:

tried it, works just perfect, didnt changed ports, will monitor if that works, but besides this... i changed my one node (1TB) to 2 nodes with 100GB each.

root@Unraid-Server:~# docker exec Storj1 storjshare status

┌─────────────────────────────────────────────┬─────────┬──────────┬──────────┬─────────┬───────────────┬─────────┬──────────┬───────────┬──────────────┐
│ Node                                        │ Status  │ Uptime   │ Restarts │ Peers   │ Allocs        │ Delta   │ Port     │ Shared    │ Bridges      │
├─────────────────────────────────────────────┼─────────┼──────────┼──────────┼─────────┼───────────────┼─────────┼──────────┼───────────┼──────────────┤
│ 5e2ce75d9e5d679d125eb2a2228c987f2f236a61    │ running │ 36s      │ 0        │ 95      │ 0             │ 15ms    │ 4000     │ ...       │ connected    │
│   → /storj/share                            │         │          │          │         │ 0 received    │         │ (TCP)    │ (...%)    │              │
└─────────────────────────────────────────────┴─────────┴──────────┴──────────┴─────────┴───────────────┴─────────┴──────────┴───────────┴──────────────┘
root@Unraid-Server:~# docker exec Storj storjshare status

┌─────────────────────────────────────────────┬─────────┬──────────┬──────────┬─────────┬───────────────┬─────────┬──────────┬───────────┬──────────────┐
│ Node                                        │ Status  │ Uptime   │ Restarts │ Peers   │ Allocs        │ Delta   │ Port     │ Shared    │ Bridges      │
├─────────────────────────────────────────────┼─────────┼──────────┼──────────┼─────────┼───────────────┼─────────┼──────────┼───────────┼──────────────┤
│ 1d065de2cb7e749bcb6415f4b4f555e8b475a5d0    │ running │ 8m 7s    │ 0        │ 161     │ 1             │ 21ms    │ 4000     │ 4.96GB    │ connected    │
│   → /storj/share                            │         │          │          │         │ 0 received    │         │ (TCP)    │ (5%)      │              │
└─────────────────────────────────────────────┴─────────┴──────────┴──────────┴─────────┴────────────

Edited by nuhll
  • Jcloud changed the title to [Support] QDirStat, Jcloud - cryptoCoin templates