[Support] QDirStat, Jcloud - cryptoCoin templates

1.) add a second share for storj (i did storj and storj1)

2.) download this docker again, but change path from /mnt/usr/storj to /mnt/usr/storj1 [YOU DONT NEED TO CHANGE THE PATH INSIDE THE DOCKER!]

3.) start storj1, stop it

4.) change config file which was created in storj1 like payment adress, do not traverse, rpc adress, max tunnels, storage and max file size to your needs

5.) i always add the node to https://storjstat.com/index.asp#! for easy checking

6.) finish

Im just not sure by now if i need to change ports, if so, then also change ports.

Edited by nuhll
1 hour ago, nuhll said:

2.) download this docker again, but change path from /mnt/usr/storj to /mnt/usr/storj1 [YOU DONT NEED TO CHANGE THE PATH INSIDE THE DOCKER!]

4.) change config file which was created in storj1 like payment adress, do not traverse, rpc adress, max tunnels, storage and max file size to your needs

5.) i always add the node to https://storjstat.com/index.asp#! for easy checking

6.) finish

Im just not sure by now if i need to change ports, if so, then also change ports.

I am trying to do this but I get "daemon is already running because the node is already in use"?

3 hours ago, nuhll said:

6.) finish

I did this but I get this error, Storj is my original container Storj2 is the new one. Am I using the command right?

root@MediaCenter:~# docker exec Storj storjshare status

┌─────────────────────────────────────────────┬─────────┬──────────┬──────────┬─────────┬───────────────┬─────────┬──────────┬───────────┬──────────────┐
│ Node                                        │ Status  │ Uptime   │ Restarts │ Peers   │ Allocs        │ Delta   │ Port     │ Shared    │ Bridges      │
├─────────────────────────────────────────────┼─────────┼──────────┼──────────┼─────────┼───────────────┼─────────┼──────────┼───────────┼──────────────┤
│ 6ec5490584a014188a8e3ae366d5e17ed7749bf1    │ running │ 15m 32s  │ 0        │ 107     │ 0             │ 32ms    │ 4000     │ 505.73MB  │ connected    │
│   → /storj/share                            │         │          │          │         │ 0 received    │         │ (TCP)    │ (0%)      │              │
└─────────────────────────────────────────────┴─────────┴──────────┴──────────┴─────────┴───────────────┴─────────┴──────────┴───────────┴──────────────┘
root@MediaCenter:~# docker exec Storj2 storjshare status
Error response from daemon: Container 8c732a9d378bab85f3b062afb47c63713e0248a2bcd6cbc8752ea5b634e1fdcf is restarting, wait until the container is running
Error response from daemon: Container 8c732a9d378bab85f3b062afb47c63713e0248a2bcd6cbc8752ea5b634e1fdcf is restarting, wait until the container is running

I edited the Json file but it looks like is not even reading it, share and log folder and empty despite having Storj2 container running.

What network type do you use?

Captura.PNG

Edited by L0rdRaiden

For me it works If I have one in host and another in custom br0, the problem with br0 is that I have problems with port forwarding

Unraid is reporting the port 4000 despite in the json file I have 4004

192.168.1.214:4000/tcp192.168.1.214:4000
192.168.1.214:4001/tcp192.168.1.214:4001
192.168.1.214:4002/tcp192.168.1.214:4002
192.168.1.214:4003/tcp192.168.1.214:4003

and now it works, don't ask me why

┌─────────────────────────────────────────────┬─────────┬──────────┬──────────┬─────────┬───────────────┬─────────┬──────────┬───────────┬──────────────┐
│ Node                                        │ Status  │ Uptime   │ Restarts │ Peers   │ Allocs        │ Delta   │ Port     │ Shared    │ Bridges      │
├─────────────────────────────────────────────┼─────────┼──────────┼──────────┼─────────┼───────────────┼─────────┼──────────┼───────────┼──────────────┤
│ 4dd54ed8e3b68fe752618e17055e4eec52114b4c    │ running │ 3m 54s   │ 0        │ 101     │ 0             │ 50ms    │ 4004     │ ...       │ connected    │
│   → /storj/share                            │         │          │          │         │ 0 received    │         │ (TCP)    │ (...%)    │              │
└─────────────────────────────────────────────┴─────────┴──────────┴──────────┴─────────┴───────────────┴─────────┴──────────┴───────────┴──────────────┘

│ 6ec5490584a014188a8e3ae366d5e17ed7749bf1    │ running │ 3h 16m … │ 0        │ 105     │ 3             │ 0ms     │ 4000     │ 505.73MB  │ connected    │
│   → /storj/share                            │         │          │          │         │ 0 received    │         │ (TCP)    │ (0%)      │              │

THe only problem is that needs around 120MB or RAM and when is actually doing something I have read that it can take up to 1 GB

Edited by L0rdRaiden
42 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Yeah the name after exec is the name how you named the docker, in my case Storj and Storj1.

With your ports, i dont know, i guess you need to edit the template, but if im not misstaken br0 is own ip adress anyway, so no port forwarding (inside unraid) needed...?!

With br0 you have to port forward to the ip you assign to the comtainer

Figured out fool proof way to add additional nodes using multiple containers. I was not able to find the Storj container using community apps plugin, so here is how I did it:

1. Add repository (address field with red arrow) and click "Add Container"

Install1.thumb.PNG.fc16a33a48a3992039e869c14504b391.PNG

2. You will then see the container/docker configuration screen. Here you need to delete the line with address (red arrow) and switch to advanced view in the top right corner.

Install2.thumb.PNG.75bb997cab2e98a94aec046edc0d66f6.PNG

3. Then switch from Host to Bridge

Install2.1.thumb.PNG.e4b8e58bd82232e0b3a873e1b673b6cb.PNG 

4. Add storage location again (you have to use separate folders for each storj container/ docker) and the network ports you plan to use (I used a field of 4 ports for each container: 4000-4003 for container 1, 4004-4007 for container 2 etc.)

Install3.PNG.4a547110213209715248cd7b086a1739.PNGInstall3.1.PNG.35288f9fefb9d34716d325e322e0f820.PNG 

5. Launch the docker, then shut it down immediately and edit the config file located in the folder you pointed to earlier. 

Edit the following fields:

"rpcAddress": "yourdomain.ddns.com",

"rpcPort": 4000,

"doNotTraverseNat": true,

"tunnelGatewayRange":  {
"min": 4001,
"max": 4003
},

Install4.thumb.PNG.a0aeff0b958d9d9ee9c6384253b40e6a.PNG

6. Now you can relaunch the container. Everything should run fine... I have 3 running now... I think some steps are possibly unnecessary like deleting the storage field before reentering it as well as using 4 ports for each docker and specifying the tunneling ports. This config worked for me though, so here you go. Don't forget to forward your ports though the NAT and the firewall.

InkedTerminal.thumb.PNG.b3319a37d15c56673acfe618685b92e2_LI.jpg.160cbb73c62c8bd6b37c666724f7cf66.jpg

Edited by MrChunky
format
  • Upvote 1

@MrChunky I have already running several Storj containers the problem is that despite having them in diferent ports and working unraid tell me that they are using the same ports.

THe json files have differnet ports 4000 4004 and 4008 and the firewall has open this ports and reporting the traffic correctly

image.thumb.png.ee2e0ba35c6740f18a8ec139e30cd852.png

Still in advance mode I don't see the container port field

image.png.59d06dec0bda87aee2d04b2a7c50a8bd.png

root@MediaCenter:~# docker exec Storj3 storjshare status

│ dcea81e7741aeb8db49174ac5821d9035b00e532    │ running │ 2m 25s   │ 0        │ 129     │ 0             │ 18ms    │ 4008     │ ...       │ connected    │
│   → /storj/share                            │         │          │          │         │ 0 received    │         │ (TCP)    │ (...%)    │              │

│ 6ec5490584a014188a8e3ae366d5e17ed7749bf1    │ running │ 2h 6m 4… │ 1        │ 120     │ 3             │ ...     │ 4000     │ 505.73MB  │ connected    │
^[[A^[[A^[[A
│ 6ec5490584a014188a8e3ae366d5e17ed7749bf1    │ running │ 2h 6m 4… │ 1        │ 121     │ 3             │ ...     │ 4000     │ 505.73MB  │ connected    │

│ 4dd54ed8e3b68fe752618e17055e4eec52114b4c    │ running │ 15m 21s  │ 0        │ 156     │ 1             │ 4ms     │ 4004     │ ...       │ connected    │

Edited by L0rdRaiden
18 minutes ago, MrChunky said:

@L0rdRaiden That's because your containers are in host/br0 modes. They need to be in bridge modes. the container port field is only relevant in bridge mode.

I use br0 usually in all my Dockers because it allows to assign different IP. What is the conceptual difference between br0 and bridge? Which one should I use for docker?

I thought that br0 was already a bridge

Edited by L0rdRaiden

br0 = own ip adress like u already said

bridge = same ip as unraid

whats better? The question is how you want your network. 

Some things need extra ip, like if you want unraid on port 80 and the docker also needs port 80... 

I do all on bridge and only the ones really needed are br0. Just so i dont ahve too many ips in my network.. You can do it like you want. 

Edited by nuhll
6 minutes ago, nuhll said:

br0 = own ip adress like u already said

bridge = same ip as unraid

whats better? The question is how you want your network. 

Some things need extra ip, like if you want unraid on port 80 and the docker also needs port 80... 

I do all on bridge and only the ones really needed are br0. Just so i dont ahve too many ips in my network.. You can do it like you want. 

Ok thanks,

So in the firewall are you doing port forwarding of 4000 only for the first container or for the range 4000-4003?

On the other hand I still don't get why unraid\docker reports the same ports for all the containers despite these are different as you can see when I post the storjshare status

Edited by L0rdRaiden
13 hours ago, L0rdRaiden said:

In my json files for the storj containers I have 4004 for Storj2 and 4008 for Storj3. If you look at the storjshare status they are using those ports not 4000

I dont really understand what you mean.

I saw on the pictures that the storj is correct configured ports. But that doenst has anything to do with unraid port forwarding.

On each docker you should be able to add just the ports this docker need.

image.thumb.png.ee2e0ba35c6740f18a8ec139e30cd852.png

1 hour ago, nuhll said:

I dont really understand what you mean.

I saw on the pictures that the storj is correct configured ports. But that doenst has anything to do with unraid port forwarding.

On each docker you should be able to add just the ports this docker need.

I am talking about this picture where all use 4000

• Jcloud changed the title to [Support] QDirStat, Jcloud - cryptoCoin templates