[Support] QDirStat, Jcloud - cryptoCoin templates

9 hours ago, nuhll said:

Do you know a way to stop it from maxing my upload?

Best I could think of would be to setup some kind of QoS, and/or traffic shaper, on your router if it's supported feature of the device.  From the Docker itself, I'm unaware of any such bandwidth limiter. 

6 hours ago, Jcloud said:

Best I could think of would be to setup some kind of QoS, and/or traffic shaper, on your router if it's supported feature of the device.  From the Docker itself, I'm unaware of any such bandwidth limiter. 

Can you understand this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40429098/how-to-rate-limit-upload-from-docker-container

Im not sure if that would do what i want? (and if, how that would apply to the storj container)

overall i mean, it wouldnt be that bad to have a limiting option in the docker?

Edited by nuhll
2 hours ago, nuhll said:

Yup.

2 hours ago, nuhll said:

Im not sure if that would do what i want? (and if, how that would apply to the storj container)

It is the underlying idea of what what you want, as a proof of concept example.

2 hours ago, nuhll said:

it wouldnt be that bad to have a limiting option in the docker?

Perhaps, why not submit the idea to them directly? https://ideas.storj.io/

This software is only an ALPHA stages after all.

While googling for a solution i found servival requests for them to add that. They dont seem to care. (since when devs listen to ppls :P)

Thats why i thought maybe realize it via docker. Currently i need to stop the docker to play online games... xD If everything goes well i will get 1gbits end of this year, then i hope it wouldnt be a problem anymore.

Edited by nuhll
1 hour ago, nuhll said:

Thats why i thought maybe realize it via docker. Currently i need to stop the docker to play online games... xD If everything goes well i will get 1gbits end of this year, then i hope it wouldnt be a problem anymore.

Ah. 1gb, nice, way better then anything available to me in my area.  I used to run into the problem you have, with my torrent client, prioritizing network at my router fixed the issue (for me).  I might look into it, time permitting. 

The thng is, my c urrent router(s) are worthless crap of piece. but only chance for "fast internet " (100mbits DL / 20Mbits UL) == Bundled 2x DSL + 2x LTE, cost around 120€ a month (2 family house), 1 gbits is 99€... xD

With 1 gbits i can prio my stuff (but dont need to lol)

Edited by nuhll
8 minutes ago, MrYoshii said:

Someone know how to update?

The docker container, or something else?  Assuming you're talking about the Docker container; open the Unraid webgui, click on Docker menu, on the line for the container click "force update."

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Jcloud ,

I wanted to mention that the storj node v3 template you have put up is misconfigured. The storj and identity locations should be mounted as --mount rather than -v. This can be achieved in UnRaid through extra parameters only afaik.

The difference is very dangerous: if docker will not map the disk to the container for any reason, with the -v option it will create an empty disk inside the container. The customers' data will be stored inside this container. When you then remove the container, the data will be removed with it.
In case of --mount it will just fail. Please, replace the -v options to the --mount options ASAP. The --mount option has a different syntax. Please, read about it in the section Running the Storage Node of our Documentation.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:39 PM, MrChunky said:

Hey @Jcloud ,

I wanted to mention that the storj node v3 template you have put up is misconfigured. The storj and identity locations should be mounted as --mount rather than -v. This can be achieved in UnRaid through extra parameters only afaik.

The difference is very dangerous: if docker will not map the disk to the container for any reason, with the -v option it will create an empty disk inside the container. The customers' data will be stored inside this container. When you then remove the container, the data will be removed with it.
In case of --mount it will just fail. Please, replace the -v options to the --mount options ASAP. The --mount option has a different syntax. Please, read about it in the section Running the Storage Node of our Documentation.

Are you someone from storj?

WHY you dont provide templates?