[Support] Djoss - Firefox

Djoss

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

Sorry I'm confused.  Is the PC your are shutting down the one running the container ?

Sorry, i should have explained it a bit better.  I have 2 computers:

PC 1 is the Unraid Machine

PC 2 is my Windows gaming/personal Machine

I use PC2 to configure my unraid server (PC 1) and mess with plex/arr's via chrome browser.  I open the Firefox docker (a chrome tab opens with firefox) and i have my airline (southwest) check in page as the homepage.  I enter my information and a countdown clock starts.  When i'm done using PC 2, i shut it down.  PC 1 still stays running (it never shuts down). 

It looks like this before i shutdown PC 2:

image.thumb.png.f6168ddc47095daed9c09be5c87c7d4e.png

When i come back the next morning and fire up PC 2 and open chrome, all my unraid tabs (dashboard/plex/arrs/firefox) automatically open and on the firefox browser, the countown clock and the fields i entered are no longer there. 

It looks like this in the morning (the timer had not expired, it should still have countdown time remaining)

image.thumb.png.4ed3961d468d35ea26d2d9647b476d97.png

My goal with using the docker was so that i could have the browser stay open forever and i could just load all my flight info into it and not worry about remembering to check in.  

I hope this explains it a bit better. 

Any ideas?  

Edit: I just noticed there was a docker container update...i just updated,  i'll post if it fixed it. 

Edited by danimal86
39 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Also, are you sure it's not the site itself that has an issue when kept open for too long ?

I didn't think about that. Any way to track that?

I think for the most part i'll just have to set it up the day of....Not the biggest issue in the world.  Thanks for your help

On 5/28/2023 at 8:16 AM, JonathanM said:

Do you backup your appdata?

Dang, i didn't even think about this.  Yes i do, i remember running into a problem with Lucky Backups that it would disconnect when my appdata backups, nightly.  

I'll set it to Exclude the Firefox appdata folder during my daily backups.  

@Djoss I bet this is the problem.  Going to try the stopwatch again.  

On 5/28/2023 at 8:16 AM, JonathanM said:

Do you backup your appdata?

i tried using the stopwatch and it had reset itself, so it wasn't the appdata backup

I'll give it a try again and see if it will not reset overnight.  

Edit: it reset overnight

Edited by danimal86