[Support] Djoss - Firefox

Djoss

2 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

I think you would get 100,000+ pulls in the first month of a well thought out container. Your other VPN enabled offerings are wildly popular both in and out of the unraid community, I see this as a logical addition.

The only hiccup I can currently visualize is that people may mistakenly think they should be able to get audio to play in the browser.

A docker based high security browser with locked down VPN and your signature privoxy add on to pass the tunnel along to other apps and browsers would be a killer combo.

thanks @jonathanm, i will consider going ahead with it then, it would include privoxy and i guess that would fill the gap for people who want only a secure proxy and not a torrent client.

• Like 3
On 7/24/2018 at 12:51 PM, binhex said:

thanks @jonathanm, i will consider going ahead with it then, it would include privoxy and i guess that would fill the gap for people who want only a secure proxy and not a torrent client.

This sounds like an excellent idea, especially if sound could be added as well.

• 4 weeks later...

This has been working pretty good so far but yesterday it stopped working, I only get a blank side when I access the webgui.

I tried uninstalling it, wipe appdata and reinstall but I get the same error:

" 24/08/2018 20:59:48 rfbProcessClientProtocolVersion: read: I/O error
24/08/2018 20:59:48 client_count: 0
24/08/2018 20:59:48 Restored X server key autorepeat to: 1
24/08/2018 20:59:48 Client 127.0.0.1 gone
24/08/2018 20:59:48 Statistics events Transmit/ RawEquiv ( saved)
24/08/2018 20:59:48 TOTALS : 0 | 0/ 0 ( 0.0%)
24/08/2018 20:59:48 Statistics events Received/ RawEquiv ( saved)
24/08/2018 20:59:48 TOTALS : 0 | 0/ 0 ( 0.0%) "

5 hours ago, XenapZ said:

This has been working pretty good so far but yesterday it stopped working, I only get a blank side when I access the webgui.

I tried uninstalling it, wipe appdata and reinstall but I get the same error:

" 24/08/2018 20:59:48 rfbProcessClientProtocolVersion: read: I/O error
24/08/2018 20:59:48 client_count: 0
24/08/2018 20:59:48 Restored X server key autorepeat to: 1
24/08/2018 20:59:48 Client 127.0.0.1 gone
24/08/2018 20:59:48 Statistics events Transmit/ RawEquiv ( saved)
24/08/2018 20:59:48 TOTALS : 0 | 0/ 0 ( 0.0%)
24/08/2018 20:59:48 Statistics events Received/ RawEquiv ( saved)
24/08/2018 20:59:48 TOTALS : 0 | 0/ 0 ( 0.0%) "

Can you try to clear your browser's cache?

On 8/25/2018 at 6:11 PM, XenapZ said:

Same problem I'm afraid, and I have tried it from other devices and other browser.

Reinstalled again, wiped appdata and rebooted the server but no joy.

Can you provide a screenshot showing what you get, just to make sure we talk bout the same issue?

1 minute ago, Djoss said:

I just saw in your screenshot that you were accessing through Muximux.  Is it working if you access the Firefox UI directly (http://[unRAID IP]:7814)?

Muximux is just in the bookmarkfield, I'm accessing it directly but it doesn't work through Muximux either.

18 hours ago, XenapZ said:

Muximux is just in the bookmarkfield, I'm accessing it directly but it doesn't work through Muximux either.

Ok I see.  So you still have the issue even after clearing the cache off all your browsers?

I would need more details to better investigate:

• Are you using default container settings?
  • Output of command "docker inspect Firefox".
  • Output of the browser's console: Open the browser's developer tools, then load/reload the page by adding "?logging=debug" to the URL.  For example: http://[unRAID IP]:7814/?logging=debug
  • 1 month later...

Would it be possible to add a feature to choose the resolution at the login-prompt?

I log in to my server on 3 different locations that all have different resolutions. Right now I'm using 3 different containers because I find it inconvenient to change it each time but it's not very efficient since I have to find all the same pages again and kinde defeats my purpose in using it.

17 minutes ago, TorrnapZ said:

Would it be possible to add a feature to choose the resolution at the login-prompt?

I log in to my server on 3 different locations that all have different resolutions. Right now I'm using 3 different containers because I find it inconvenient to change it each time but it's not very efficient since I have to find all the same pages again and kinde defeats my purpose in using it.

Which login prompt are you talking about?

Also, by default auto-scale is enabled.  So the UI should adjust itself to your browser's window size.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 4:38 PM, Djoss said:

Which login prompt are you talking about?

Also, by default auto-scale is enabled.  So the UI should adjust itself to your browser's window size.

I'm talking about the login promt where I put in the VNC password.

The autoscale actually does not work in my case, probably because I switch between a 4:3, 16:9 and a 21:9 monitor.

23 hours ago, TorrnapZ said:

I'm talking about the login promt where I put in the VNC password.

The autoscale actually does not work in my case, probably because I switch between a 4:3, 16:9 and a 21:9 monitor.

Ok I see.  Currently it's not possible but I will check for a solution.  What you need is not scaling the remote window, but resize it.

8 hours ago, Djoss said:

Ok I see.  Currently it's not possible but I will check for a solution.  What you need is not scaling the remote window, but resize it.

Yes exactly, sorry that I was unclear. Would be great if you found a solution, love the concept of being able to access a secure browser with all my open tabs anywhere.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 9:09 AM, alturismo said:

may again the same question, no intention to make another one with chrome (or chromium) as browser instead FF ?

sample, mainly i use chrome and only ff with this docker, would be nice to have a nicer history together etc (sync) ...

and i guess there are also many chrome users out there ;)

Yes, this is probably something possible :)

Btw, you can add your vote here: https://feathub.com/jlesage/docker-apps