[Support] Djoss - Firefox

Djoss

1 hour ago, JasonK said:

Not even able to get into the browser - this log file entry seems to be making it where things can't even display:

Internal error: Could not resolve keysym XF86FullScreen

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about Firefox itself, but the browser you use to access the Firefox container.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm confused about what I have to do for the membarrier System Call. I apologize for my ignorance, but I have no idea how to set up the json file or use an extra parameter. Could someone share the steps required to get this to work? Thanks in advance.

Update: I found where to add the extra parameter, still not sure how to download the json and put it in the right place.

Edited by GodzillaUR
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 12:18 PM, GodzillaUR said:

I'm confused about what I have to do for the membarrier System Call. I apologize for my ignorance, but I have no idea how to set up the json file or use an extra parameter. Could someone share the steps required to get this to work? Thanks in advance.

Update: I found where to add the extra parameter, still not sure how to download the json and put it in the right place.

With the latest version of unRAID, this should not be required anymore.

Else, to the Extra Parameter field, you can add this: --security-opt seccomp=unconfined

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MikeGiann58 said:

With a minimum of extensions added, can this be used safely for online banking? Would it be safer than using the desktop version of firefox.

how "safe" it is for online banking depends on the person sitting on the desktop ... makes no difference if inside a docker or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I had been trying to figure out a way to download specific files from my Seedbox (as opposed to a whole automated system like some of the videos have guides for). I landed on using Firefox to log in to my Seedbox, and download the files from there. The files end up in /mnt/cache/appdata/firefox/Downloads - and from there I can unzip and then move to the proper share.

I've been running into an odd problem though. Once every 3-4 downloads, one of them will download 99.9% of the file, but never actually finish. When you initial the download you get 2 files - a .zip and a .zip.part - when the download is completely finished the files merge into one .zip file. But the files that freeze up will finish downloaded essentially, but never merge together so I am able to unzip them. 

It's not a specific file thing, because sometimes a download won't work, but after removing it and starting the download again it will work the second time. It seems to be more consistent if there is less total downloading. Outside of that I can't really place a pattern though.

Any idea why this might be happening? Or some settings I can tweak to increase the likelihood of the downloads finishing?

Edited by hive_minded
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm getting server disconnected (code 1006). Was working fine a couple of days ago, but now I can't seem to access the webUI. I had a look through the github docs and couldn't find anything that helps. Tried restarting the container but same result. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, be4con said:

I'm getting server disconnected (code 1006). Was working fine a couple of days ago, but now I can't seem to access the webUI. I had a look through the github docs and couldn't find anything that helps. Tried restarting the container but same result. Any suggestions?

may try the hostname instead ip, resolved it here when using the VNC web dockers in chrome browser.

or clear cache etc ... but then still happens from time to time

On 5/21/2021 at 9:19 PM, alturismo said:

may try the hostname instead ip, resolved it here when using the VNC web dockers in chrome browser.

or clear cache etc ... but then still happens from time to time

Suddenly started working again without me doing anytrhing but I'll try this next time, thanks

Is there any way to limit or block its access to LAN? The reason why I wanted to use this docker is to browse the web (safely if possible) when I cannot use VPN, exposing this docker publicly will somehow expose the webgui of unraid, if someone know where to look.

Not sure if it is related, but I am using Nginx Proxy Manager with .htaccess and will implement authelia later.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have set secure connection to 1 but when done, can't connect through guacamole. is it because of it's passing over SSL?

I want to add a password also, but without the secure connection, it doesn't help much.

how do you guys deal with security?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE #2: It seems I spoke too soon. The issue with this container has resurfaced, only it's not binhex-nzbhydra2 as that tab was closed. When I woke this morning I went to check and found my CPU cores all maxed at 100% again, with the temperature 1C away from my alert/notification settings. I had left the Firefox container running as I suspected it was the nzbhydra2 container, but it appears that's not the case. As soon as stopped the container, my CPU cores went back to normal. So, I'm still seeing an issue with this container. I'm still seeing nothing in the container logs except xdamage notifications, but that happened with previous versions of the container too. I'm also seeing nothing in the unRAID syslog. Perhaps I should try completely removing the container, /appdata folder and template and re-creating from scratch? Any other suggestions?

Previous Update: looks like it's something related to the new version of the browser/Alpine Linux that doesn't like a particular local web app - binhex-nzbhydra2. I've closed its tab and since doing that, I haven't seen any lockups and the Firefox container has been running for at least 40 mins. NZBHydra2 did occasionally hang in the older Firefox version, requiring me to stop the page and reload so this may be related.

Original Message:

Is anyone else seeing issues where the latest release of the container seems to lock-up? Everything starts out fine when I first start the container but after a random time (10 - 30 mins), the container suddenly becomes unresponsive. All my cores on my i7-6700K (8 threads total) are maxed at 100% when the lock-up occurs. I've tried clearing the browser cache on both the host and inside the container, but no resolution so far. There's nothing noticeable in the container logs to indicate the cause of the issue.

This only started after the most recent update. Note that I can't even leave the container running as idle, i.e. not actively using it. While idle it still will result in the same lock-up with all cores of the CPU at 100%.

Edited by AgentXXL
Add note about idle lock-ups + update
On 1/1/2022 at 10:47 AM, AgentXXL said:

UPDATE #2: It seems I spoke too soon. The issue with this container has resurfaced, only it's not binhex-nzbhydra2 as that tab was closed. When I woke this morning I went to check and found my CPU cores all maxed at 100% again, with the temperature 1C away from my alert/notification settings. I had left the Firefox container running as I suspected it was the nzbhydra2 container, but it appears that's not the case. As soon as stopped the container, my CPU cores went back to normal. So, I'm still seeing an issue with this container. I'm still seeing nothing in the container logs except xdamage notifications, but that happened with previous versions of the container too. I'm also seeing nothing in the unRAID syslog. Perhaps I should try completely removing the container, /appdata folder and template and re-creating from scratch? Any other suggestions?

Previous Update: looks like it's something related to the new version of the browser/Alpine Linux that doesn't like a particular local web app - binhex-nzbhydra2. I've closed its tab and since doing that, I haven't seen any lockups and the Firefox container has been running for at least 40 mins. NZBHydra2 did occasionally hang in the older Firefox version, requiring me to stop the page and reload so this may be related.

Original Message:

Is anyone else seeing issues where the latest release of the container seems to lock-up? Everything starts out fine when I first start the container but after a random time (10 - 30 mins), the container suddenly becomes unresponsive. All my cores on my i7-6700K (8 threads total) are maxed at 100% when the lock-up occurs. I've tried clearing the browser cache on both the host and inside the container, but no resolution so far. There's nothing noticeable in the container logs to indicate the cause of the issue.

This only started after the most recent update. Note that I can't even leave the container running as idle, i.e. not actively using it. While idle it still will result in the same lock-up with all cores of the CPU at 100%.

I don't see any issue on my side and I have about 30 tabs opened all the time.

Are you using default container settings ?

One thing you can do when the issue occurs is to login to the container (docker exec -ti Firefox sh) and run the "top" command.  This will show which processes are using the cores.

3 minutes ago, Djoss said:

One thing you can do when the issue occurs is to login to the container (docker exec -ti Firefox sh) and run the "top" command.  This will show which processes are using the cores.

The container is default except for the addition of a path. I'll leave it running until it causes the issue again and see what top reports.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:10 AM, Djoss said:

Not sure what's going on, but since I've had a terminal session running top for the container, I'm not seeing any lock-ups or freezing. I've even re-added the nzbhydra2 tab which seemed to be responsible as the fault happened much faster. I'll leave it as is with the open terminal session running top and hopefully be able to catch the cause when/if it happens.

UPDATE: a day later and it still hasn't locked up again. Almost makes me think that running top in the container console is preventing something from causing the issue. I'll try it without top running to see if the issue persists.

Edited by AgentXXL
Update added

Anyone else having problems with copy and paste after the latest update?  I cannot get it to work any more.  I use Guacamole and it used to work just fine, but now it wont.  I also cannot get it to work via normal VNC or direct web browser connection.  I have restarted both Dockers for Firefox and for Guacamole.  My other Guac connections work just fine.  So, It seems like an issue with firefox? 

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2022 at 8:04 AM, Nayra42 said:

Anyone else having problems with copy and paste after the latest update?  I cannot get it to work any more.  I use Guacamole and it used to work just fine, but now it wont.  I also cannot get it to work via normal VNC or direct web browser connection.  I have restarted both Dockers for Firefox and for Guacamole.  My other Guac connections work just fine.  So, It seems like an issue with firefox? 

Yes. Copy from container seems to work, but not from host. Before it sometimes took two presses of the Submit button to get the container to realize there was something new in the clipboard. Now it just never works.
https://github.com/jlesage/docker-firefox/issues/110

Edited by Freddy23
Added link to the github issue
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 5:04 PM, Nayra42 said:

Does it work in meantime with vnc?

• 2 months later...