Migrating from Hyper-V/WS2016 to unRAID

MeCJay12

I had a Windows Server 2016 install hosting my files and running some VMs. While I love Hyper-V, Storage Spaces was killing me so I am trying out unRAID. I am currently stuck trying to get my VMs to boot in unRAID using the video on the FAQ about converting VMware VMs to unRAID. I copied the first VM over and converted the vhdx files to raw using qeum-img. I created a VM in unRAID with the Ubuntu template, created the 1M temp vDrive, and modified the XML (change the bus for the coverted disk to ide and remove the address line below it. The video part looked different so I didn't touch it). I got this error:

unsupported configuration: IDE controllers are unsupported for this QEMU binary or machine type

I had to delete the VM and re-edit the XML to bus sata and reboot. After that, I the UEFI shell. If i type exit I get a BIOS but I still can't get to the OS. Any thoughts before I give us and look for alternatives to Storage Spaces instead of Windows?

• 1 year later...