Question on 10TB drives

So I just purchased a refurbished 24 bay Supermicro server from fleabay.  It has 3 LSI 9211-8i HBA controllers (which I flashed to IT mode).

My plan is to populate it with WD 8TB Red drives and one WD 10TB Red for the parity drive.

The seller told me it works with 8TB but he wasn't sure about 10TB.

Will the 9211-8i handle 10TB?  Is the size limitation determined by the SAS backplane or the HBA controller?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, bwnautilus said:

So I just purchased a refurbished 24 bay Supermicro server from fleabay.  It has 3 LSI 9211-8i HBA controllers (which I flashed to IT mode).

My plan is to populate it with WD 8TB Red drives and one WD 10TB Red for the parity drive.

The seller told me it works with 8TB but he wasn't sure about 10TB.

Will the 9211-8i handle 10TB?  Is the size limitation determined by the SAS backplane or the HBA controller?

Thanks in advance.

Yes - there are no technical reason that support of larger drives would not work until it gets to some ridiculous size. There are some older controllers limited to 2T, but if you are beyond that, you should be find for quite a while.