Random Crashes / Freezing

N4TH4N

Hello,

I have been getting random crashes quite a lot recently. I had a SSD cache drive that was bad that i thought was causing the issues. After removing the crashes became less frequent, so maybe it was an issue as well.

I haven't been able to capture proper diagnostics as the WebUI, SSH and console are all unavailable. I turned on "Troubleshooting Mode" in "Fix Common Problems"  and grabbed the attached items.

Intel i5 3470 CPU (Ran prime95 on the CPU for a few hours, never broke a sweat as i have water cooling)

16GB DDR3 RAM (2x 8GB ran Memtest86 for 24 hours without a single error)

ASUS P8H77- M LE Motherboard (Updated the BIOS to the latest version)

Corsair 1000w PSU (More than enough juice to go around)

IBM Serveraid M1015 SAS RAID Card (Flashed with LSI 9211-8i IT firmware. This has been in this configuration even before i started using unRAID bare metal, used to use unRAID in an ESXi VM).

Intel RAID SAS Expander RES2SV240

Orico PVU3-4P USB3 Card (Used only for a Windows VM. My boot is "append iommu=pt vfio-pci.ids=1106:3483 initrd=/bzroot")

Just not sure what to do next. I seem to wake up every couple of days to a crashed server. This morning i could ping it and got an NGINX error trying to access the WebUI, dockers would not load, SSH would not connect and the unBALANCE plugin loaded the header but thats it.

Thanks.

unraid-diagnostics-20180220-2112.zip

FCPsyslog_tail.txt

Edited by N4TH4N
  • 10 months later...

WOW!, 1 year later and this is still happening. How time flies.

I replaced the SAS cables, Cache drive and all my array drives over the last year. Also got a new UPS. I was able to remove my RAID card 2 days ago as i'm now down to 3x 8TB disks. Has not crashed yet after removing the RAID card, but i also removed a 4TB at exactly the same time and it's only been 2 days. Sometimes it stays up 20-30 days without a crash.