UNRAID 6.4 Playing Music Through Bose Soundtouch

7 hours ago, rorton said:

Not done it with Bose, but I do it with sonos which must be similar. 

Assuming you you have a share on your unraid box with all your audio files in, and you have used the Bose app to connect to this share on the Unraid so it can see your audio files?

I have my music files a share called "music"  that has User access and the Bose app does not even see the UNRAID system. I will try moving the files to the "media " share to see if this helps. 

5 hours ago, ajax3712 said:

Have you tried setting up a DLNA docker (like mini-dlna)? If your soundtouch is on the same network, it should discover any shared music files.

No, I have not tried a DLNA Docker. I wondered if an app or a docker would allow the Bose app see my files. Will try mini-dlna.

Thanks.

Phil. 

Edited by Phil23451
1 hour ago, Phil23451 said:

I have my music files a share called "music"  that has User access and the Bose app does not even see the UNRAID system. I will try moving the files to the "media " share to see if this helps. 

assuming in the settings for the share you have created, you have set the share to 'export'

Do you have a PC on the network, and can the PC see the share? First thing is to get the share working and visible by 'something' on the network

1 hour ago, rorton said:

you have your bose connected to your network too yeah? You can play music off the internet on it (just checking thats online and on the network)

Yes, I can see my music share through file manager apps on various phones and tablets.

My Bose speaker wirelessly connects to my router and I can stream radio or music from the internet through it. 

Yes I have followed the Bose instructions for connecting to A NAS but the Bose app cannot pick up my unraid server. 

I only have one wireless network and through this my phones and tablets can pick up all shares and folders and files on my unraid server. But for some reason I cannot see my server through the Bose app. It appears that I need to use the Bose app to assign the unraid server to the speaker.

Might the use of miniDLNA help improve the visibility of the unraid server to the Bose app? 

23 minutes ago, Phil23451 said:

Might the use of miniDLNA help improve the visibility of the unraid server to the Bose app? 

Bose would need to be able to access DLNA devices. I don't know if it does or not.

Does the app allow you to just type in a server name or and IP address instead of browsing the network?

Is your unRAID server set at the local master on the network? You might also take a look at some other things that people have done to make their server browsable on the network here: