[Support] telly - IPTV on Plex Live TV

5 minutes ago, tombowditch said:

That's correct - do you see all your IPTV data if you go to /lineup.json ?

Yes, I do! maybe something wrong with my plex docker?

Got like 30+ of these

[{"GuideNumber":"10000","GuideName":"  tvg-id=\"64f2c2cea9a61724c39b8a305b298d4a\"","URL":"http://192.168.1.100:9981/stream/channelid/1321398884?ticket=44ebc68b6eb69ce669d7816baaa25d1fbeb65c71\u0026profile=pass"},
Edited by eikum
just edit

For any container to communicate with each other they have to run the same network mode ie bridge/br0. So at home a run a few containers in br0 mode ie plex and plexpy, They need to be on the same network mode so that they can communicate stats if not plexpy cannot read stats from plex because its on a different network. I run this same example using telly. Telly will not communicate if say plex is on bridged mode and telly is on br0.

Edited by Porkie

I'm having the same issue where it works if i manually add the tuner but it isn't automatically discovered.  this wouldn't be a problem however when you've ran through the config you can't go back in as it thinks the tuner is offline so you can't for example modify the channel list of mapping.

I had a similar issue when I added 2 tuners on different ports (I had 6077 and 6078) as well as different paths for the containers, and for some reason after a while it would let me modify the list of mapping, I did restart plex, and restarted the 2nd instance of telly and eventually a bit after it finished the EPG refresh it would allow me to modify the mapping, not sure what specifically it was, but I was able to.  

I know they are working to make the UPNP work so plex can see it online constantly, but at the current time it doesnt return a call back so plex may think its offline when its not.

can we get a simple script to feed the EPG? IE in the telly docker add 2 more paths, One for the IPTV EPG download and the other for the .xml location. So telly would pull the EPG.gz and extract the xml on the server to a mapped path that plex can see? This would save me from having to do cron jobs.....

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, pyrater said:

can we get a simple script to feed the EPG? IE in the telly docker add 2 more paths, One for the IPTV EPG download and the other for the .xml location. So telly would pull the EPG.gz and extract the xml on the server to a mapped path that plex can see? This would save me from having to do cron jobs.....

aforementioned script

cd /mnt/user/dockers/plex/

nano epgscript.sh

wget http://vaders.tv/p2.xml.gz
gzip -d p2.xml.gz
mv p2.xml /mnt/user/dockers/plex/

CTL + x

chmod a+x epgscript.sh
chmod 777 epgscript.sh

crontab -e 
00 00 * * * /mnt/user/dockers/plex/epgscript.sh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am having difficulty trying to get this to work, occasionally if I reboot Plex I see a telly tuner available but it quickly disappears.  I have Plex in Host Mode and have tried telly in bridge and br0 with no luck. If I manually enter the IP and port into Plex when in br0 mode nothing is found here is my log, should it be 0.0.0.0:6077 even if I enter an IP in br0 mode?

[telly] [info] booting telly v0.4.5
[telly] [info] Downloading file(deleted intentionally.m3u
[telly] [info] Reading m3u file /telly.m3u...
[telly] [warning] telly is not attempting to strip out unneeded channels, please use the flag -filterregex if telly returns too many channels
[telly] [info] telly is currently not filtering for only uk television. if you would like it to, please use the flag -uktv
[telly] [info] found 80 channels
[telly] [info] creating discovery data
[telly] [info] creating lineup status
[telly] [info] creating device xml
[telly] [info] creating webserver routes
[telly] [info] Building lineup
[telly] [info] listening on 0.0.0.0:6077

I am not sure if it helps,  but I have Plex in Host Mode as well, and I have telly in Bridge under same IP as Plex Runs.   In Plex when searching for the Live TV I enter 192.168.0.XXX:6077  192.168.0.XXX is the IP plex and telly run on and then I hit continue and it works.  

Just an FYI on the plex screen to add the tuner you MUST enter the address, and you cannot use "localhost" but instead enter the IP itself. 

If you go in a browser to http://Your-Telly-IP-Address:6077/lineup.json do you get the list of your channels?

Hi, thanks for your replies, 

I have been adding the telly virtual tuner manually and it does work but it keeps disappearing (Device not found error) if I reboot Plex it does come back but then disappears again?  I have literally just made a bit of a discovery though that may be connected to the issue... as telly only does IPTV I still need to be able to connect to my tvheadend setup and for that I use tvhproxy, it would seem that although Plex offers the option to add further tuners after I do so all it is actually doing is changing the IPTV address of telly?  

For example my telly ip is 192.168.0.33:6077 and if I manually enter that into Plex it works... then if I click add tuner underneath the telly tuner in plex I can enter the ip address of my tvhproxy which is 192.168.0.40:5004 and plex finds all the tvheadend channels and all seems well except when it has completed Plex is showing just one tuner labelled telly but shows the IP address of my tvhproxy tuner???

Ohhh, I think that may have more to do with the Device ID unique identifier settings?    What I do to get multiple tuners is I change the Device ID to separate ones and I have 2 instances of Telly running like 192.168.0.xxx:6077 and 192.168.0.xxx:6078  etc. Same IP I just use up series of Ports. 

Plex also does have a big cache issue that has it kind of struggle with multiple tuners.  I was a tad confused also when the names would not change unless it restarted and things like that.  

I think I custom created those, can you check and see if the new template has those variables?    Otherwise just add the Device ID Variable to your template, im thinking maybe your template is older or it is not something that has made it to the official template yet. 

5aa85c3352d7f_Screenshot2018-03-1318_17_45.thumb.png.39075f4f92c1df2cb288e6730a68910e.png5aa85d05299c0_Screenshot2018-03-1318_20_01.thumb.png.07f0d6a7918592fcb12790473e9c7b2d.png5aa85d3618819_Screenshot2018-03-1318_22_04.thumb.png.f7b72951b8a196c43fa1949837cf77ef.png

Edited by manolodf