New Project GPU pass through, multi monitor?

Hi Guys, hope I can get some help, building a new machine for work. 

Based on a Z620 workstation, all is running well apart from the GPU passthrough, well sort of. The display port on the 1050ti works great, the other ports dont work at all. 

There is no on board, so Ive had to put my 1050ti in the main slot for my pass through, then a cheap 750 in the 2nd slot for unraid (the case will not allow the 1050 in the bottom slot there is no space for it) my Bios supports primary and secondary GPU so this is set accordingly, the VM boots and the display port on the 1050ti outputs perfectly fine.

But the 2 DVI on the card or the HDMI does not, how to do i fix this any ideas?

Ive never done GPU pass through but followed the spaceinvader video people seem to use which got me to this stage.

Edited by purplechris
On 2/26/2018 at 2:42 AM, purplechris said:

But the 2 DVI on the card or the HDMI does not, how to do i fix this any ideas?

By all means it should work, my first gut thought is there is something wrong with the ports and or cables for HDMI, so I would try using a different HDMI cable, a different HDMI/DVI port on monitor, or different monitor to check the ports on monitor. Also to double check that the ports are working normally, so if you have a spare HD, or system, try using just that card on a normal OS install or something. 

If all the testing comes back and says the hardware is OK. Then I would guess it's a drivers issue on guest OS, of your virtual machine.  What you're wanting/describing from VM-config should already be done if you're getting video out in your VM.

My two cents.

5 hours ago, Jcloud said:

By all means it should work, my first gut thought is there is something wrong with the ports and or cables for HDMI, so I would try using a different HDMI cable, a different HDMI/DVI port on monitor, or different monitor to check the ports on monitor. Also to double check that the ports are working normally, so if you have a spare HD, or system, try using just that card on a normal OS install or something. 

If all the testing comes back and says the hardware is OK. Then I would guess it's a drivers issue on guest OS, of your virtual machine.  What you're wanting/describing from VM-config should already be done if you're getting video out in your VM.

My two cents.

Actually its quite werid, i installed 2 cards, both nvidia, works fine on sea bios and uses the card in the main slot as i like and have set the other to be the main in the bios. but as soon as i i install drivers black screen.

Actually the same in windows without unraid and 2 cards. 

I am going to try and amd card tomorrow in the 2nd slot. Then unraid and if not, one card and back to windows for me, shame indeed.

1 hour ago, purplechris said:

works fine on sea bios and uses the card in the main slot as i like and have set the other to be the main in the bios. but as soon as i i install drivers black screen.

Out of curiosity, have you tried with UEFI vm (OMVF right? at work trying to remember off top of my head), where it Boots with "TitanCore" and get the same graphics behavior?

Have you tried doing multimonitor with the 750? Could rule out a problem with the 1050 card. I have a 750ti and have done gpu passthrough with mutimonitor support. It works perfectly. VM bios was done with both Seabios and OVMF. They both worked fine.

Currently, I have a Windows 10 VM using OVMF and Q35 with the 750ti passed through running 2 monitors on DP and HDMI.

Edited by GHunter
1 minute ago, GHunter said:

Have you tried doing multimonitor with the 750? Could rule out a problem with the 1050 card. I have a 750ti and have done gpu passthrough with mutimonitor support. It works perfectly. VM bios was done with both Seabios and OVMF. They both worked fine.

Currently, I have a Windows 10 VM using OVMF with the 750ti passed through running 2 monitors on DP and HDMI.

Hiya,

I actually haven't no, it is something to think about for sure. I have the AMD card coming in an hour from Amazon so that will be my first test i think.

As you say it could be the 1050 or the main slot itself. Its a workstation board so it does seem pretty good is most aspects.