Sign in to follow this  
cablecutter

Motherboard Bluetooth Passthrough UnRaid 6.4 to Windows 10 VM?

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi All,

I ran some searches and came up empty - figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I have recently set up a windows 10 VM on a UnRaid 6.4 machine.  I'm new to VM configuration and the method for passing through peripheral devices is not 100% clear to me.  My motherboard is an Asrock Taichi x370.  It has on-board bluetooth which I would like to use for Logitech Harmony Hub control of my windows VM.  However, I have not been able to figure out how to pass through the Bluetooth to the VM and am not really sure where to start.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Best,

Rob

I am interested in doing the same thing. Did you have any luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to ASRock spec, the bluetooth module is part of the Intel Wifi card so you will need to pass through the Wifi Card (it's a PCIe device) and see how it goes from there. It's probably in the same IOMMU group as the Intel Wired LAN so I'm pretty sure ACS Overide is needed.

I tried doing this with my x399 board (Asus Zenith) and it will let you pass the wifi but the bluetooth is mia.. never figured out how to get bluetooth working.

I once bought a BCM94360CS2 and BCM943602CS pci wifi and bluetooth card. Both of their wifi modules use the pci bus and the bluetooth modules use the USB bus. Situation is the same as my Asrock x370 Taichi board, in which case the bluetooth use the USB bus, too.

So I would recommend that you use the following commands to check which usb port / bus it is using and pass the bus / port to the vm. Note that using the vendor id and product id will not work.

lsusb -t

and 

lsusb