WebUI address does not survive updates

anethema

The way my setup is, my unraid server is plugged into a VLAN trunk port, and I break out a couple multiple VLANs for different reasons. But my home network is one of those. The unraid machine does not get an IP from its main network interface.

So to access my dockers, I have to visit 10.3.3.50:port rather than the static I have assigned on the main interface (10.0.0.250:port).

So no problem. I go into the docker setttings and change the WebUI: field from the advanced view to have the proper IP/port and everything works fine. So rather than the default: http://[IP]:[PORT:5800] I would set it to http://10.3.3.50:[PORT:5800]

The problem is, the next time the container updates, this info is lost. It takes forever to go through all the dockers and change it again.

Any idea how to make this behavior stay?

The IP address for a docker container is automatically maintained by the GUI and it must be left with [IP] in the setting.

With unRAID 6.4.1 you can specify which networks are used by Docker. Defining a custom network will generate the correct GUI IP address for a container.

3 hours ago, bonienl said:

The IP address for a docker container is automatically maintained by the GUI and it must be left with [IP] in the setting.

With unRAID 6.4.1 you can specify which networks are used by Docker. Defining a custom network will generate the correct GUI IP address for a container.

But can I specify the IP of the unraid server (10.3.3.50)? Or won't that just cause an IP conflict? I want to run in bridge mode, not assign each docker its own IP on my network.

3 hours ago, bonienl said:

In bridge mode a container is tight to the management address of eth0 (br0).

Ya I guess the problem is, the box is plugged into a VLAN trunk port, so there is no actual network on normal eth0.

Just eth0.10 (what I want) and eth0.6 I access several vlans from different dockers so it is kind of an odd configuration, but ya there is no accessible IP from the normal eth0.