(Solved) Sub shares directly to specific disks

I have my shares write to specific disks.  I prefer this and it works good, except for my movies share.  I have directories in movies I would like to write to specific disks.  For example, movies\non-animated I would like to use disk 1 and 2, movies\animated use disk 3 and movies\other to disk 4.  Anyway to do this?  Thanks,

Edited by icon123
47 minutes ago, digitalfixer said:

You would have to make the directories shares then under share settings for any particular share just set Included disc(s) to the disk numbers you want to use.

i.e. movies/other include disc 4.

Kevin.

No that won't work. there is no such thing as sub-shares.

Maybe what you meant was to make 'other' a share and restrict it to a certain disk. But it wouldn't be part of the 'movie' share.

3 minutes ago, icon123 said:

Thanks everyone.  I think my question was answered, it can't be done.  I can't use split level because I want certain 'split level' directories to go to certain disks.

If you set your split level and manually create the subfolders and files on a certain disk, then subsequent files will go to the same disk because of split level.

46 minutes ago, trurl said:

If you set your split level and manually create the subfolders and files on a certain disk, then subsequent files will go to the same disk because of split level.

Thanks that makes sense.  Would I pick "manual, do not split directories"?  How would it work when say I have (2) disks with share movies\non-animated and I tried to write to that share?  How does it know what disk to write to?  Whatever the allocation is set for?

9 minutes ago, icon123 said:

Thanks that makes sense.  Would I pick "manual, do not split directories"?  How would it work when say I have (2) disks with share movies\non-animated and I tried to write to that share?  How does it know what disk to write to?  Whatever the allocation is set for?

Yes - with manual Split Level and a folder that exists on more than one drive then the allocation method determines which drive to use.