Updating a docker container leaves me with an orphan image

I've been having this problem for several days now but couldn't find much time to look into it. Basically what happens is that every time I update a docker container (or the update plugin does it automatically) there seem to be an error and I end up with an orphaned image of that container and losing the actual working version. From there all I can do is re-install everything and it works again... until the next update. 

The only error message I get during the process and the only entry logged to the syslog is this: 

Mar  3 15:00:27 Vault [10459]: The command failed. Error: sh: /usr/local/emhttp/usr/bin/docker: No such file or directory<br>

`/usr/local/emhttp/`exists but not the rest of the path beyond it. 

The only two big changes I remember doing were:

• Encrypting my cache pool. For that I marked every share as `use cache: yes`, disabled dockers and VMs, invoked the mover, formatted/encrypted the disks and then moved every cache-only share back to it by setting it to `use cache: preferred` then back to no. 
  • Removing an unassigned SSD I had connected but wasn't being used for anything. 

Any ideas?. 

So, I had this happen to me as well. Due to an update of cache pool drive, I actually have very recent backup version od the cache drive version with the docker (SabNzbd) that disappeared after updating.

Can I somehow roll that back?

Edited by t33j4y
3 hours ago, t33j4y said:

So, I had this happen to me as well. Due to an update of cache pool drive, I actually have very recent backup version od the cache drive version with the docker (SabNzbd) that disappeared after updating.

Can I somehow roll that back?

Any time you spend investing in figuring out how to recover an orphaned image is going to be far longer than simply reinstalling the app via the Apps Tab (Previous Apps).  All of your metadata etc is stored outside of the image in appdata, so it'll be like nothing changed

• Like 1