Unraid user voice

43 minutes ago, itimpi said:

There is already the Feature Request sub-forum that covers this, so I am not sure that something like you suggest would add much value.

The current subforum is just a forum, is not a brainstorming platform like user voice, you can't vote, you can't know what is being considered or accepted by devs, etc.

I have seen plenty of brainstorming there :D

i agree you cannot vote, but I am not sure that is important as LimeTech are going to decide what features they are going to implement for their own reasons.  As to what is being accepted that can easily be handled by comments in the existing forum.   It would be easy to add prefixes like “in Progress” and “Pending” to the subjects in the current forum.

one big downside I would see is that is another distraction on the very limited time that LimeTech personnel have available.

I would think people posting +1 or uses the like button really is a vote. It's a clear indication to LT that multiple users likes a suggested feature/change. It isn't like there are ten thousand users ready to vote so you really do need machine-processed counters to keep track of the voting process.