Dealing with unclean shutdowns

I have two VMs running, one windows 10 I had that of to test, Still crashes. The other one....I can't really turn of because that's a pfsense...if I turn that off I can't even turn on the light in my flat 😂😂

But for test I can install the old router back for some days - do you think it's the pfsense? It's just running in the background with nothing attached except one pcie ethernet card.

Edited by anthem221
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

My server has been having a few unclean shutdowns. 

image.thumb.png.62c770e8a2b82d55ab6011a131a3c74d.png

As you can see from the above syslog file, things stopped on the 20th and started when I powered it up this morning. I had setup Syslog server to try and capture what was going on but got nothing. Does this point to hardware failure?

Thanks

49 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you mean syslog server didn't work for you? Or do you mean there was nothing in the resulting syslog that seemed to explain your problem?

Nothing notable in the Syslog, The last entry in Syslog was 15:32 on the 20th but I know that the server was still active until 03:39 on the 21st as my Scrypted container was still sending video to HomeKit until that point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I had a few unclean shutdowns in the past couple days. I am unsure what the cause of it, but I believe it due to me pre-clearing too many drives at once?

I just had just upgraded my server to 32gb of ram and the whole array(partiy/data) been replaced with brand new drives last week. I am preclearing the old drives and getting ready to toss them since they have a number of attribute failures. Since all the changes my server seems to be unstable.

Anyone able to find out why this is happening, and double check nothing alarming in my logs?

I see these errors in the syslog.txt but unsure if it is the cause of it
image.thumb.png.8cd5c7a73b7d5b2804c9f1941db419d8.png

diagnostics-20240401-1022.zip

Edited by deerow