(Solved) No internet access following upgrade to 6.4.0 & 6.4.1

I followed the instructions and attempted to update from 6.3.5 to 6.4.0 and then again yesterday to 6.4.1 and both times it appeared to work but my unraid server had no access to the internet - none of the dockers could reach their servers and the plugins tab couldn't identify if plugins were up to date or not. I took a backup of my flash drive and went back to that so I'm back up and running again. Obviously you need to see the log file - where do I find those - I took a copy of my flash drive before restoring 6.3.5 - should I run something to get the logs after the upgrade? 

Alternatively, would it be easier to create a new usb boot image?

Edited by PhilDG
Changed title to solved

Hookup a monitor and keyboard to the server.  Boot the system if it isn't already up.  

You should have a login prompt at the bottom of the screen.  (Just above that you should have an IP address. Write that down for reference!) 

now type   diagnostics   at the command line prompt.  The will write the diagnostics file to the logs folder/directory on your flash drive.   

Thanks for the suggestions - the help around here appears so quickly!! I found that my router did not have static DNS addresses so I set those to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I'm getting the error that it's unable to communicate with github and still don't appear to have any access from either unraid or any dockers with the exception of crashplan which seems to connect without any issues which seems odd although I guess it must open up some sort of secure access.

I've enclosed the diagnostics

tower-diagnostics-20180308-1924.zip