Possible good deal on 12-bay Dell R510's

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-R510-12-Bay-Server-2x2-67GHz-12-Cores-32GB-H200-12x-Trays/172577298188?hash=item282e68970c:g:21UAAOSwySlZ6O4D

Are these a good deal for the hardware specs? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one and figured I would get some re-assurance and inform the community!

My backup server has Marvel controllers that until the last few UnRAID versions haven't given me any issues but lately they have been really acting up. I figured rather than sink several hundred dollars into new RAID cards for not that great hardware (see VOID in my sig) I could just spend a bit more and do a whole overhaul. I will lose some space for a few disks (16 down to 12) but the 4TB disks I am swapping in should make up for the difference.

Edited by weirdcrap

The only thing is that the Perc 6 which is included is no good for unRAID, you'd have to get something else like an H310 and flash it to IT mode, although I do see an H200 in the description which should work, I'm just not personally familiar with it enough to say so. It's a lot of server, they are loud and it's rack mount, do you have somewhere to put it?

9 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

The only thing is that the Perc 6 which is included is no good for unRAID, you'd have to get something else like an H310 and flash it to IT mode, although I do see an H200 in the description which should work, I'm just not personally familiar with it enough to say so. It's a lot of server, they are loud and it's rack mount, do you have somewhere to put it?

I work in an IT shop so once I get it going I will probably get it put into one of our racks here. Or if not get a small rack for my home office and start my own home lab lol.

Yeah, I was curious if anyone had recent opinions of the H200, I did some searching and saw some threads on here and most people say they are fine but limited to 16 disks? Not an issue for me since the server only has 12 bays. These were posts from several years ago though.

Edited by weirdcrap
56 minutes ago, weirdcrap said:

Yeah, I was curious if anyone had recent opinions of the H200, I did some searching and saw some threads on here and most people say they are fine but limited to 16 disks?

They are only limited when using Dell's firmware, standard SAS2008 once crossflashed to LSI IT mode.

14 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

They are only limited when using Dell's firmware, standard SAS2008 once crossflashed to LSI IT mode.

OK sweet. 

As far as the price goes, is this a deal for an r510 with these specs? Or could I do better for a similar price point?

I don't want to sink hundreds of dollars in a pre-owned server unless it's a smoking deal. 

My main requirements are 10+ bays for disks, supports at least 64GB of RAM, and obviously a solid raid controller that will play nice with Unraid if someone thinks of something better before the sale ends.

Edited by weirdcrap