Gaming PC 2 Users 2 Graphics Cards or 1 SLI

Alex480

So here‘s what I want to get out of Unraid (if there‘s a better application for my usecase please tell me):

1. I want a mostly hassle free straight forward setup (expirienced Windows PC user)

2. That’s how I want to be able to use my NVIDIA SLI Gaming PC:

- Windows instance (WI) 1 having access to both nvidia cards in SLI (natively, because SLI isn‘t supported as I heard in VM) while the other user (WI 2) is using a low end card or intel HD Graphics

- Then I want to be able to boot up WI 1 with just 1 GPU assigned to it (guess I would change that in the Web GUI) and WI 2 with the other one of the cards that run normally in SLI

Is that possible and easily doable?

I really would like to have the least windows installations possible to accomplish my goal.

Even wif you passthu both cards, you won't be able to use them in an SLI setup. You would be able to use them in cuda programs, like boinc etc. The way cards interface with eachother over the SLI bridge is the problem. They don't be able to run games like they would in a native windows install. If you have programs that can take advantage of multiple gpus for gpu acceleration, they should work. Just not for gaming.

• 1 year later...

What about a setup with 4 hard drives.

1 solo windows

2 unraid

3 vm1

4 vm2

Under normal use you would boot drive one and have just normal windows. With 2 graphics cards in sli.  Then your friend shows up.  You say hang on and reboot your system from drive two and unraid splits the GPU's and starts 2 vms.  Would you have to open the case and remove the bridge?