Cache Pool and btrfs RAID 1 performances

Maybe I spoke too soon. After 24 hours w/ 4 SSDs on RAID10, Got a message about a cache drive missing. Logs showed lots of "read errors corrected.." and 2 of my dockers disappeared. I ran the Preclear/Erase all Data on the newly unassigned SSD, all 100% Success. I switched the SSD drives around to different sockets (new build, to rule out the socket). I attempted once more on RAID10 with same result (on new socket, same SSD). I switched the array to RAID1, all errors in log have ceased, so will restore appdata and see how it goes.

Interestingly, DD reports the exact same speeds of 1.5GB/s to 1.6GB/s using RAID1, hopefuly its a bit more reliable.

If it were a connection issue I'd assume once it landed in Unassigned Devices that it would produce errors there as well. It completed Preclear twice and passed Smart tests. It also produced the same odd behavior in a different socket once back in the cache pool. I haven't seen any issues on RAID1 yet (up for an hour now), but I'll keep you posted. If its a connection issue then I'm sure the errors will return (fingers crossed).

• 1 year later...