emhttpd error and "starting services"

Hello, all. After finally upgrading to 6.4.1 I have a continuous error popping up every second in my log. I'll attach a screenshot and add the error as code. I'm also seeing a continuous "Starting Services" on the bottom of my webgui. 

Mar 7 12:29:40 BROSS emhttpd: error: put_config_idx, 609: Invalid argument (22): fopen: /boot/config/shares/#015.cfg
Mar 7 12:29:40 BROSS emhttpd: Starting services...

Has anyone else experienced this or have insight on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance 

- naturalcarr

my error.png

12 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Your flash device may be corrupted. Check it on a windows machine.

You can safely delete the file #015.cfg from your flash device.

It doesn't exist in that directory, I've been looking for it in file explorer and in the terminal.

14 minutes ago, Squid said:

What's the output of

ls -ail /mnt/user

here's the output

root@BROSS:~# ls -ail /mnt/user
total 20971520
    2 drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users           6 Jun  7  2017 \r/
    1 drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users         154 Mar  2 09:18 ./
 3937 drwxr-xr-x 8 root   root          160 Mar  7 09:49 ../
59234 drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          31 Jun  7  2017 .Trash-99/
    3 drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          72 Oct  8 09:56 Backups/
    4 drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          30 Oct 11 17:57 Esoteric/
    5 drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          36 Jun  7  2017 Files/
    6 drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          29 Aug 30  2017 VM/
    7 drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          36 May 14  2016 addonfiles/
    8 -rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 21474836480 Mar  7 16:42 docker.img
    9 drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          20 Aug 28  2017 system/
root@BROSS:~#

Just now, naturalcarr said:

2 drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 6 Jun 7 2017 \r/

That's what's throwing the system for a loop.  While its not an illegal directory name,  it is a PITA to work with.  And I'm struggling to create it on purpose.  Are you using a Mac by any chance?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

You can get into the folder via this to see what's in there

cd "$(echo -e '\r')"

This would've been the smart thing to do, I kinda just jumped the gun and assumed ls * and ls */* would list everything (it showed nothing in there), and then I deleted it.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to check the file systems on all the disks just in case.  Control characters are legal in Linux (but severely frowned upon) and are a major PITA to create, so maybe the filesystem is buggered.

Side note:  Control characters are also legal in OSX, and the OS actually makes use of them in filenames under certain circumstances (this test used to be included in FCP, but was removed due to OSX)

• Upvote 1

I've almost always accessed my server through the CLI, it's quicker for the things I do, I am curious how that happened as well, that would explain this extra share that I would see on my windows machine all the time, it had no name but whenever I clicked on it, it lead to /mnt/user/Files. I thought nothing of it for the longest time.

So, I don't think this was how I created this, but I just reinstalled Dolphin and was able to create \r in /mnt/user/ with no problem

6 minutes ago, bonienl said:

It would be interesting to know how this "share" was created. The GUI doesn't allow names like these.

Might be worth to check your applications as well.

5 minutes ago, naturalcarr said:

I've almost always accessed my server through the CLI, it's quicker for the things I do,

CLI shouldn't be really necessary to maintain the server, or at least that's the aim of the GUI. What kind of operations you find faster to do on CLI?

4 minutes ago, bonienl said:

CLI shouldn't be really necessary to maintain the server, or at least that's the aim of the GUI. What kind of operations you find faster to do on CLI?

I have a set of aliases and scripts setup, so one would take all of the movies downloaded by deluge (in a special folder), move them over to a pre-processing area, pull only the video files and subtitles into a processing directory, call filebot (the cli version by phaze), to rename them, then create hard links to plex's media folder. For clearing I made a script that would kill deluge, delete everything in the pre-processing and processing directories, then restart it, and I have quite a few scripts like that.