Unraid 6.4.1. Plex Issues

Hello all, I am very new to UnRaid and Linux and after having many issues using Windows 10 and storage spaces, losing all of my data to storages spaces corruptions I have decided to move to Unraid. So far everything has been great and is well worth the money I paid for it. I am having a few growing pains that I am sure are user error. I was hoping the great minds of this forum could give me some help and best practices.

Although I have done as much research as possible I cannot seem to find a thread with my similar issue. If there is one and I missed it I apologize, and please point me in the right direction.

My issues seem to occur each time I update the Plex Inc. Plex Docker. 

After an update the system will work but within a short time I will no longer be able to access the Web UI or the Media Server from any of my devices. 

The only fix I have been able to come up with so far is removing the Docker and all files/folders from the Appdata folder and reinstalling the plugin, losing all metadata and information.

The Plex Log shows this: But never actually starts.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting Plex Media Server.

Any help information would be greatly appreciated!

24 minutes ago, crspangenberg said:

Thank you for the reply DZMM, I am only doing updates through the docker. As is update from the docker tab within Unraid. Not through the Plex app itself.

doesn't look like a simple answer - I'd post in the thread for the docker you are using e..g binhex, linuxserver etc

10/4, I posted on the Plex forums so I'm hoping for a response there, but It seems like I had this issue with Binhex-plexpass and that is why i switched over to plexinc, I only seem to be having issues with Plex though. 

Just incase there is something that stands out I posed my docker settings.

Capture.PNG

Edited by crspangenberg
22 hours ago, crspangenberg said:

10/4, I posted on the Plex forums so I'm hoping for a response there, but It seems like I had this issue with Binhex-plexpass and that is why i switched over to plexinc, I only seem to be having issues with Plex though. 

Just incase there is something that stands out I posed my docker settings.

Capture.PNG

I am using same version as you (Plex inc) without any difficulties.

Only setting I have that is different is the mapping to the appdata folder, I am using /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex/ where you have /mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer/

I don't believe that it makes any difference but you could try changing from /user/ to /cache (from user share to disk share, assuming you are using a cashe disk).

I has been mentioned for other containers that this could make a difference.

• Like 1