10 Gbe Network card with rj45

I've tried searching but have been unable to find a topic in this forum that covers compatible hardware. Does anyone use a 10 Gbe network card with rj45 ? If you do how has your experience been and what card are you using?  I've been thinking of getting  two asus 10 gbe cards to connect to unraid servers and was wondering what other options there are. I also came across this card but unsure if its compatible.
http://storagepartsdirect.com/hpe-561flr-t-700699-b21-10gb-pcie2-1x8-network-adapter-for-proliant/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3qmkyPjc2QIVwVuGCh3hHgTtEAYYBSABEgKaKPD_BwE

I use this card with UnRaid.  ASUS XG-C100C  It's about the same price as the one you listed, but it's not necessarily enterprise grade and it only has 1 RJ-45 port.  It works very well in my non-enterprise use case and seems to have good through put.  I was using 3 1-gig cards in a link aggregation setup before I switch to the ASUS XG-C100C.

30 minutes ago, riprod said:

I use this card with UnRaid.  ASUS XG-C100C  It's about the same price as the one you listed, but it's not necessarily enterprise grade and it only has 1 RJ-45 port.  It works very well in my non-enterprise use case and seems to have good through put.  I was using 3 1-gig cards in a link aggregation setup before I switch to the ASUS XG-C100C.

Thanks. I was considering that card as well. The reason I was considering the one I linked  is because it has dual ports which would allow me to connect another pc without having to get a 10 gbit switch. Not necessary, but i'm just trying to plan for future use until those switches are much cheaper.  How long have you used the asus card? 

2 minutes ago, Perforator said:

Awesome thanks. The dual port card I was looking at has an Intel X540 controller as well so it should work out great I hope. 
Thanks again

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking about getting two Asus XG-C100C NICs, to transfer files between unRAID and a desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro.

I'd like to know if I must have a 10Gb switch for this, or can I just have a network cable straight from unRAID to the Windows PC?

The unRAID box would still use its current 1Gb NIC via a switch for traffic facing the rest of the LAN and Internet.

• 1 year later...
On 4/30/2018 at 3:10 PM, ICDeadPpl said:

I'm thinking about getting two Asus XG-C100C NICs, to transfer files between unRAID and a desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro.

I'd like to know if I must have a 10Gb switch for this, or can I just have a network cable straight from unRAID to the Windows PC?

The unRAID box would still use its current 1Gb NIC via a switch for traffic facing the rest of the LAN and Internet.

You can connect the two directly. I would recommend using a crossover cable due to connecting two devices of the same type together.