limetech

unRAID OS version 6.5.0-rc6 available

72 posts in this topic Last Reply

I noticed something good about the new builds not this one in particular, transferring from my PC to the unRAID is very fast without the need for a cache disk anymore. Even from my PC when copying from the cache to the array it used to pass through my PC but now it goes directly to the array at full speed of the HDD. 

8 hours ago, bonienl said:

Does the folder "/config/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager" exists on your flash device? This location is used to store the user preferences.

haven't updated yet, but checked for that folder – it's not there with 6.4.1

8 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

haven't updated yet, but checked for that folder – it's not there with 6.4.1

It's NOT /config/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager ! its /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager

@bonienl explain /config path

Edited by peter_sm

1 minute ago, peter_sm said:

It's NOT /config/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager ! its /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager

It is all how you think ‘on your flash device’ should be interpreted.    The /boot part is what refers to the flash device.   If accessed over the network the /boot is not relevant as it is then the path relative to the ‘flash’ share.

i'm not on the 6.5RC train yet, so correct me, if this was added already – but in case it's not, maybe there's still time for it:

in the light of VM management changes to the GUI – wouldn't it be good, to have an easy way of 'unmounting' the virtio.iso from the virtual cd/dvd drive?

usually it stays connected to the VM at all times, but why? and… if somebody didn't install all necessary drivers immediately after the creation of the VM it could be mounted at any time back again.

maybe it could be considered as an improvement of managing VMs. thx.

2 hours ago, s.Oliver said:

i'm not on the 6.5RC train yet, so correct me, if this was added already – but in case it's not, maybe there's still time for it:

in the light of VM management changes to the GUI – wouldn't it be good, to have an easy way of 'unmounting' the virtio.iso from the virtual cd/dvd drive?

usually it stays connected to the VM at all times, but why? and… if somebody didn't install all necessary drivers immediately after the creation of the VM it could be mounted at any time back again.

maybe it could be considered as an improvement of managing VMs. thx.

There is a detach button if you click on the VM name. It's on the right side. 

If you turn on advanced view, you can delete the file path for the virtio.iso.

3 hours ago, realies said:

Wait, you keep adding new features with every new RC? Do you realise that you're chasing your tail that way?

This subject is off--topic and has been moved.

So i tried the hot plug for usb's today, all be it not in a normal way

I accidentally nudges my usb hub and disconnected my keyboard whilst it was attached to a vm.

Going into the ui it shows as still connected and assigned to the vm after plugging it back in

Here is the relevant logs section i think

Mar 11 11:05:45 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.2: USB disconnect, device number 6
Mar 11 11:05:50 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: new low-speed USB device number 10 using xhci_hcd
Mar 11 11:05:50 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: device descriptor read/64, error -32
Mar 11 11:05:50 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: device descriptor read/64, error -32
Mar 11 11:05:50 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: new low-speed USB device number 11 using xhci_hcd
Mar 11 11:05:51 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3-port3: attempt power cycle
Mar 11 11:05:51 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: new low-speed USB device number 12 using xhci_hcd
Mar 11 11:05:51 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: Device not responding to setup address.
Mar 11 11:05:51 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: Device not responding to setup address.
Mar 11 11:05:52 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: device not accepting address 12, error -71
Mar 11 11:05:52 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: new low-speed USB device number 13 using xhci_hcd
Mar 11 11:05:52 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: Device not responding to setup address.
Mar 11 11:05:52 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: Device not responding to setup address.
Mar 11 11:05:52 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.3: device not accepting address 13, error -71
Mar 11 11:05:52 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3-port3: unable to enumerate USB device
Mar 11 11:05:55 Archangel kernel: usb 3-3.3.2: new full-speed USB device number 14 using xhci_hcd
Mar 11 11:06:03 Archangel kernel: input: Corsair Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard  as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-3/3-3.3/3-3.3.2/3-3.3.2:1.0/0003:1B1C:1B13.001A/input/input27
Mar 11 11:06:03 Archangel kernel: hid-generic 0003:1B1C:1B13.001A: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [Corsair Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard ] on usb-0000:00:14.0-3.3.2/input0
Mar 11 11:06:03 Archangel kernel: input: Corsair Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard  as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-3/3-3.3/3-3.3.2/3-3.3.2:1.1/0003:1B1C:1B13.001B/input/input28
Mar 11 11:06:03 Archangel kernel: hid-generic 0003:1B1C:1B13.001B: input,hiddev97,hidraw2: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [Corsair Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard ] on usb-0000:00:14.0-3.3.2/input1
Mar 11 11:06:03 Archangel kernel: usbhid 3-3.3.2:1.2: couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint
Mar 11 11:07:12 Archangel emhttpd: req (6): csrf_token=****************&title=System+Log&cmd=%2FwebGui%2Fscripts%2Ftail_log&arg1=syslog

Safe to say the vm saving page just sat there and did nothing as it thought the usb was already connected, although it was not able to finish saving

So i went back in, unticked my keyboard from the usb device thinking maybe it would trigger a device detach, no such luck, it again just sat there and did nothing - even going bakc into edit shows the usb tickbox still there

So i shut down my vm and started it again and the keyboard came back through which is fine.

Not sure how you would work around this? In this instance with the previous hot usb plugin i would have to detach the usb from the vm and then attach it again if i just pulled the cable

--- USB Device Oddity --

Something else i've noticing with the new usb controller type is that randomly my keyboard (Corsair K70 RGB) is connected to the vm so i cna type, but the corsair utility shows an error and the rgb control of the keyboard is off meaning the entirely keyboard has all its lights off

Going into the setting for the utility and changing the rgb settings can't fix this, only a full vm restart can. I've had this keyboard for a long time without issues using the usb 2.0 or older usb 3.0 host

Sorry to start a morning with issues :(

Edited by bigjme

11 minutes ago, bigjme said:

Sorry to start a morning with issues :(

Did you try to unplug the USB hub and plug it back in?  It has been some time since I used  one of these things because I had nothing but problems with them.  As you may guess, it was things like you are describing that would drive me up the wall...

21 hours ago, Squid said:

From the help text  :ph34r:

On a running VM you can click on the icon again and EDIT it.  Everything will be greyed out, but you can reassign the USB's passed through.

Going to deprecate the libvirt USB hotplug plugin on 6.5.0-rc6+

OK, thanks for pointing that out @Squid

42 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Did you try to unplug the USB hub and plug it back in?

I did indeed, the issue seems to be that the vm still thinks it's attached so can't reattach it, that's how it has been for a while with the other plugin

Running a detach  and attach command always fixes it. Perhaps a bit of logic on the attach process may be good? I. E. If its set to attached in the vm but the host has access to it, then it needs to be detached and attached again? 

@bonienl can we have the 'edit' docker container link back on the dashboard please?  It's easier to use this page to do quick edits - the docker page is for more involved work, given the amount of data on there

39 minutes ago, DZMM said:

@bonienl can we have the 'edit' docker container link back on the dashboard please?  It's easier to use this page to do quick edits - the docker page is for more involved work, given the amount of data on there

It is actually a bug. Corrected it.

Edited by bonienl

1 minute ago, dlandon said:

We can't edit or view the VM xml file any longer?

Click advanced editor in the top right :)

Just now, dlandon said:

We can't edit or view the VM xml file any longer?

Edit the VM.  Top right -> Switch from Form to XML view

On 3/10/2018 at 5:24 AM, limetech said:

This release includes a number of great UI improvements by @eschultz and @bonienl.  In addition we now also support USB hot-assignment/unassignment to VM's.

I just gave this a go to see if it would help with my logitech webcam that I can only attach using a script (it wouldn't attach via the vm editor previously).

After going into the VM edit screen, I chose my HD920 webcam but it seems to be just stuck on 'updating' with no webcam appearing in windows 

highlander-diagnostics-20180311-1616.zip

Edited by DZMM

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Edit the VM.  Top right -> Switch from Form to XML view

Ok, what am I missing here?

5aa563ea83fd9_VMEditor.thumb.png.8b03af5f274089b2708af778759425a8.png

Click the icon.  Edit.  Top Right switch from form view to xml view

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

Click the icon.  Edit.  Top Right switch from form view to xml view

Ok.  Got it.  It's in the 'Edit' view.  Very subtle, but It does make sense.

@bonienl Thank you so much for the update all containers option.  I've been going nuts since Advanced Buttons stopped working.

Edited by Dephcon

I just updated the names of my docker containers and now I am getting (orphan image)

Version: 6.5.0-rc6 

image.thumb.png.e7876e8f460885a4ee80a1e97a6302c5.png

Edited by ThornburyWN