Jump to content
limetech

unRAID OS version 6.5.0-rc6 available

72 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Make sure the name only contains characters A-Z, digits 0-9 and characters underscore (_), dash(-) and period (.)

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Make sure the name only contains characters A-Z, digits 0-9 and characters underscore (_), dash(-) and period (.)

Well, that would be the problem. Had a dash in 'em. Now to figure out how to rename a container that is showing orphaned and running docker ps doesn't display 'em. Sorry, just started learning about containers.

Share this post


Link to post

Just delete the orphans. Click on the icon of the orphan and choose remove.

 

Now, do "add container" and click on the "Select a template" dropdown menu. Choose here to re-install your previous container (it starts with "my-*"). All settings are retained, you may want to change the name at this point and then install.

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Just delete the orphans. Click on the icon of the orphan and choose remove.

 

Now, do "add container" and click on the "Select a template" dropdown menu. Choose here to re-install your previous container (it starts with "my-*"). All settings are retained, you may want to change the name at this point and then install.

 

I appreciate it! Thanks a lot bonienl for helping me out here!!!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bonienl said:

Make sure the name only contains characters A-Z, digits 0-9 and characters underscore (_), dash(-) and period (.)

 

Is that getting fixed for the stable release? A dash in the name is pretty common.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, zin105 said:

 

Is that getting fixed for the stable release? A dash in the name is pretty common.

 

Hope that's not considered a "new feature".

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, limetech said:

 

Hope that's not considered a "new feature".

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, zin105 said:

Is that getting fixed for the stable release? A dash in the name is pretty common.

 

A dash is already allowed, no need to change anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, bonienl said:

 

A dash is already allowed, no need to change anything.

 

My bad for reading the original reply too fast. My brain registred that dashes, underscores and dots where not allowed for some reason... o.O

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, limetech said:

 

Hope that's not considered a "new feature".

 

:D

 

Share this post


Link to post

Can someone tell me exactly how to do hotplugging of USB now.

I have changed my Windows VM to use the qemu-usb controller but when I go to attach a device while the VM is running it just sits there saying updating and does attched the usb device.

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, naturalblue said:

Can someone tell me exactly how to do hotplugging of USB now.

I have changed my Windows VM to use the qemu-usb controller but when I go to attach a device while the VM is running it just sits there saying updating and does attched the usb device.

Regards

It is worth mentioning that the libvirt hotplug plugin is now available in a 6.5.0 rc6 compatible version (search for hotplug in CA).  Maybe you will get better results using that?

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, itimpi said:

It is worth mentioning that the libvirt hotplug plugin is now available in a 6.5.0 rc6 compatible version (search for hotplug in CA).  Maybe you will get better results using that?

Hi

This only shows me the version that I already have installed.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, naturalblue said:

Hi

This only shows me the version that I already have installed.

Remove the old version of the plugin, then install the one found in CA.  It is an updated version.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, naturalblue said:

Hi

This only shows me the version that I already have installed.

Make sure that CA is up-to-date. (ancient versions wouldn't properly differentiate between two identically named plugins)

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, limetech said:

Version 6.5.0 now released.

 

Would you please look into a feature for unRAID 6.6? A button in the context menu for each docker that launches a terminal into the docker. I dont know how the terminal button on in the webgui works behind the scene, but if you could launch "docker exec -it <container name> /bin/bash" instead of the /bin/bash to get a shell on the host that would do.

Share this post


Link to post
 
Would you please look into a feature for unRAID 6.6? A button in the context menu for each docker that launches a terminal into the docker. I dont know how the terminal button on in the webgui works behind the scene, but if you could launch "docker exec -it /bin/bash" instead of the /bin/bash to get a shell on the host that would do.
@squid may be able to do that via CA..


Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.