unRAID OS version 6.5.0 Stable Release Available

4 hours ago, Hoopster said:

FYI - for those with the Loading /bzroot...ok hanging issue when booting normally (no GUI or Safe mode) with unRAID 6.5.0 there is an apparent fix  in the discussion linked below.

It appears all of us with the issue so far have the ASRock C236 WSI motherboard.  For two of us, the "fix" has worked and we can boot now in "normal" mode. Thanks to @gamephreak for discovering BIOS tweaks that made a difference.

Make that 3 of us, the fix works for me too.

7 hours ago, Squid said:

Is it by design now ( @bonienl ) that every time you go to the Plugins page a check for updates is performed, regardless of the Setting to never check automatically?  Prior behavior was when set to never check, the plugin page also wouldn't check automatically.

No, this is a bug :$

Will be corrected in the next version.

I upgraded to 6.5 with no problems at first. Yesterday, my windows VM started freezing. I tried to shut it down and could not. I did a force stop and restarted my server. When it came back, my cache drive showed Unmountable: No File System. 

I had backups of mostly everything, so I formatted the cache, restored my appdata, libvirt, and vdisks. Everything was back up and running smoothly. This morning while updating the windows VM (the vdisk backup was quite a bit older). It froze again. I checked the log and saw call traces and btrfs errors. 

Fix Common problems also reports:

Mar 16 05:53:34 Medserver root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Unable to write to cache
Mar 16 05:53:34 Medserver root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Unable to write to Docker Image

I do not know whether it is just a coincidence that it happened after the upgrade or if my SSD is going bad. SMART seems ok. Now that it has happened a second time, I thought I would post here.

The first time I had the problem I posted here. My original diagnostics are attached in this thread:

I have also attached my new diagnostics here. It is from after I formatted the cache drive and restored.

Thank you for any assistance that you provide.

medserver-diagnostics-20180316-0533.zip

Edited by theGrok
new infor.
On 3/15/2018 at 7:00 AM, michaelmcq said:

I've upgraded and everything appears to be working fine, but I can't access any information about my dockers. I know they're running but when I visit the docker page I just get the spinner and eventually see this in chrome developer tools

"http://192.168.1.114:8008/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerUpdate.php 504 (Gateway Time-out)"

Tried in different browsers and the same, but not restarted the server yet (I have some maintenance to do  in a few days so waiting for that, especially as the dockers are working)

Plugins page works and various plugins have had updates

I am having this exact same issue too. Dockers are working but I can't manage them anymore!

I upgraded my two servers from 6.4.1 to 6.5.0.  It seemed to go fine, but when I tried to copy some files from my PC (WIn 10) to an unRAID share (public), I got the old "access denied, you need permission..." error.  I changed the share from Public to Private, and then back again-- no joy.  Then I re-ran 'New Permissions' from the Tools menu and that fixed it.

Any idea what caused it?

Thanks,

srengr

Edited by Srengr
1 hour ago, EdgarWallace said:

The update from 6.4.1 went well, however my ubuntu VM lost it's network connection (see picture).

Any thoughts? Thanks a lot.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-16 um 14.08.22.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20180316-1407.zip

Hi,

I had the same issue with an Ubuntu 16.04 VM.

The interface I defined in /etc/network/interface had changed its name. Try "ip link show" command and then check configuration set in /etc/network/interfaces.

I just had to modify the name, and reload network service (or reboot).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cessquill said:

Don't wish to offend, but have you restarted your server since upgrading?

No offence taken :-).

I rebooted, the docker and also "App Store" tabs worked after a reboot, they're now back to not working though. It flows through to the Dashboard too as I don't see my dockers or VMs under there (VM tab does load)

I wonder if it's to do with checking for updates. (Although my Plugins page does work and shows updates)

43 minutes ago, michaelmcq said:

No offence taken :-).

I rebooted, the docker and also "App Store" tabs worked after a reboot, they're now back to not working though. It flows through to the Dashboard too as I don't see my dockers or VMs under there (VM tab does load)

I wonder if it's to do with checking for updates. (Although my Plugins page does work and shows updates)

Can you show a screenshot of the part which is not working?

1 hour ago, bonienl said:

Check your internet connection. The loading may "appear" to hang when there is no internet connection.

Internet is fine and its the one window that lists the dockers that doesn't update for me, everyhting else looks fine.

I am about to catch a flight, so downgraded to 6.4.1 for now until I have more time to debug.

Great feature being able to downgrade :) not that i need it often, upgrades usually go without a hitch for me :)

@bonienlCould it be my dual bonded lan if something has changed with networking?

Edited by local.bin
Question: