unRAID OS version 6.5.0 Stable Release Available

6 hours ago, ryoko227 said:

Updated from 6.4.1 -> 6.5 on the office server. About 5.5hours with no issues. Only hickup was the usb hotplug app which has been previously noted. Uninstalled and installed the new one with no issues. Looking good so far!

I'm just curious but did you have the Update Assistant under tools? When I went to look i didn't see it and had to uninstall and reinstall the Fix Common Problems plugin. 

Home Threadripper server updated without issues :) 1 more to go.

Whole system feels more responsive and more solid. Of course, just feels that way. I have no data to back up that perception, www

Thank you again LT and the guys here putting all these things together!

leocheers.gif.85de7cc13343a7229bd43dae072a13b5.gif

I'm just curious but did you have the Update Assistant under tools? When I went to look i didn't see it and had to uninstall and reinstall the Fix Common Problems plugin. 

I dont recall to be honest, I have one more server that I need to update so I will double check when I get up to the site. I usually just update everything before the unRAID update though.

Edited by ryoko227
Added response to previous question

Upgrading docker containers today, and things get stuck on the "stopping container" part.  Opened new browser tab to view log and had an upstream timeout message (which has since scrolled off).  Tried downloading diagnostics, but that timed out too.  Got the diagnostics from the command prompt (attached).

Everything else seems to be running OK.  Any ideas?

unraid1-diagnostics-20180324-1055.zip

4 hours ago, FelixDaPoodle said:

Hello All

Just upgraded from 6.4 to 6.5 and ALL my docker settings are gone!  Also appears that my revodrive cache array is gone. (im assuming this is related as I had appdata to prefer the cache).

cache was on raid 5

Any ideas to recover?

Cheers 

Did you see this link from the first post in this release notes thread?

On 3/13/2018 at 7:36 PM, limetech said:

Refer also to @ljm42 awesome 6.4 Update Notes

On 14.3.2018 at 3:05 PM, bonienl said:

This is likely a docker permission issue, not a unRAID issue.

On 15.3.2018 at 12:18 AM, ken-ji said:

Yes this issue is annoying, docker's documentation doesn't say anything about this so I wonder if it's something in @limetech's implementation/build of docker

I'm using VAAPI in Emby and now I have to add chmod lines in my go file to make sure the DRI node is actually usable.

Permission problems when mounting a device to a docker container.

UnRaid user and group

root anything

user and group inside the container

root root

the group is changed to root during the mapping of the device and therefore not accessible by any groups user inside any container which is not root.

@ken-ji You are right these very annoying behavior is produced by docker and not by UnRaid, it is an issue which is ocuring in docker versions past 17.12.0 and is already addressed from docker version 18.03.

So please @limetech address that issue by reverting to docker 17.12.0 or upgrading to anything later or docker 18.03 as fast as possible.

For reference the issue ist widely discussed here  https://github.com/docker/for-linux/issues/228

1 hour ago, Diggewuff said:

Permission problems when mounting a device to a docker container.

UnRaid user and group

root anything

user and group inside the container

root root

the group is changed to root during the mapping of the device and therefore not accessible by any groups user inside any container which is not root.

@ken-ji You are right these very annoying behavior is produced by docker and not by UnRaid, it is an issue which is ocuring in docker versions past 17.12.0 and is already addressed from docker version 18.03.

So please @limetech address that issue by reverting to docker 17.12.0 or upgrading to anything later or docker 18.03 as fast as possible.

For reference the issue ist widely discussed here  https://github.com/docker/for-linux/issues/228

The issue is easy to fix, so it's not urgent to move to docker 18.03. A simple chmod -R 777 /dev/your-device in the go file fixes the issue until docker is updated. 

1 minute ago, saarg said:

The issue is easy to fix, so it's not urgent to move to docker 18.03. A simple chmod -R 777 /dev/your-device in the go file fixes the issue until docker is updated. 

Sadly this isn't a fix for me hence im running a 3D Printer on /dev/ttyACM0 which disconnects when it is turned off and on again and I cannot run the printer 24/7 or restart the server on every printer restart. Or ssh into UnRaid and issue the chmod manually, every time I or everyone else in the house wants to use the printer.

Chmod 666 /dev/ttyACM0 does the job fine for me but I ned a way to make that persistence among reconnects (reappearance of /dev/ttyACM0).

Do you have any advice or idea, how to watch /dev/* for new devices and kick a script by that? Would that be an idea?

22 minutes ago, Diggewuff said:

Sadly this isn't a fix for me hence im running a 3D Printer on /dev/ttyACM0 which disconnects when it is turned off and on again and I cannot run the printer 24/7 or restart the server on every printer restart. Or ssh into UnRaid and issue the chmod manually, every time I or everyone else in the house wants to use the printer.

Chmod 666 /dev/ttyACM0 does the job fine for me but I ned a way to make that persistence among reconnects (reappearance of /dev/ttyACM0).

Do you have any advice or idea, how to watch /dev/* for new devices and kick a script by that? Would that be an idea?

You might be able to use a script with inotifywait. 

2 hours ago, unknown said:

After i updated from 6.4.0 to 6.5.0 i dont get web access anymore.I see 192.168.178.21 on Display but i cant enter (also can ping IP)

How can i fix it ?

First, read the entire first post of the following thread very carefully.  Particularity, the next-to-the-last paragragph!

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-650-stable-release-update-notes/

If that does not work, SSH (or use a monitor and keyboard connected to the server) into the server.  Login into the server.  Now type    diagnostics    on the command line.  That command will write the diagnostics file to the   logs   directory/folder of the flash drive.  Upload that file in a new post.  

In that post, also explain exactly what you mean by the word 'Display' and tell what you are seeing.  

12 minutes ago, HellDiverUK said:

New Ryzen build just upgraded to 6.5, no problems.  Wee bit quicker than my old i5-6500T. :D

are you happy with it's stability?

do you have VMs running on it; and maybe with passthrough active (liek GPUs)?

thx.

Edited by s.Oliver
1 minute ago, s.Oliver said:

do you use it with VMs running, possibly with passthrough of GFX cards?

I run VMs, but I don't pass through any hardware.  I just run a couple of Debian instances, one runs pihole, one runs OpenVPN.  I have a Windows 8.1 VM running nonsense stuff like Google Cloudprint.

So far no problems with the rig, though I do have C-states disabled, I haven't rebooted yet to do the zenstates thing.