Docker container AirDC support

Nischi

Hi guys

Been using a few docker containers for a while now on unRAID and it works really nice in combination with the SSD cache I have set up.

I use Windows 10 to map to unRAID via SMB shares. In unRAID I have a user called "nischi" which I have set to write/read permission for this particular share. I then use this "nischi" account to login to the SMB share from my Windows 10 PC.

One of the containers I use is the one for AirDC which can be found through the apps tab with community applications.

Everything runs well, except for the permission management of downloaded files through the AirDC docker.

When doing "ls -l" in the term I get this for my previous folders I had since earlier which is how I want them.

drwxrwxrwx 1 nischi users 4096 Mar 11 21:42 MyTVSERIES1/

But when doing "ls -l" on folders and files downloaded with the new AirDC container I get this:

drwxr-xr-x 1 root   root  4096 Mar 13 18:15 MyTVSERIES2/

Leading me to only be able to read the files, but not write/change from my Windows 10 accessing the SMB share.

Does anyone know how I can fix this behavior for the permissions?

I saw that it is possible to build the docker container by for example using "-u $(id -u):$(id -g)" during the build. But this changes the docker image so that I can no longer use the update-function for the docker vms provided by unRAID as the version becomes "unknown". So I would like to avoid using that solution, if it is a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Nischi
  • 5 months later...