HELP - Drive failure


Recommended Posts

root@wishie:~# xfs_repair -v /dev/sdd1
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
        - block cache size set to 326328 entries
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - zero log...
zero_log: head block 68262 tail block 68262
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan and clear agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
        - setting up duplicate extent list...
        - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
Phase 5 - rebuild AG headers and trees...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - reset superblock...
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
        - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary inodes
        - traversing filesystem ...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - traversal finished ...
        - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
Phase 7 - verify and correct link counts...

        XFS_REPAIR Summary    Fri Mar 16 11:39:12 2018

Phase        Start        End        Duration
Phase 1:    03/16 11:39:09    03/16 11:39:09
Phase 2:    03/16 11:39:09    03/16 11:39:10    1 second
Phase 3:    03/16 11:39:10    03/16 11:39:11    1 second
Phase 4:    03/16 11:39:11    03/16 11:39:11
Phase 5:    03/16 11:39:11    03/16 11:39:11
Phase 6:    03/16 11:39:11    03/16 11:39:11
Phase 7:    03/16 11:39:11    03/16 11:39:11

Total run time: 2 seconds
done

Link to comment

So did anything wind up in the lost+found folder on that disk?

 

You should have run that on the md device instead of the sd device. Writing changes to md device maintains parity. Writing changes to sd device does not. I think you will have to parity sync again.

 

Or maybe just a correcting parity check would be good enough if there weren't many changes.

 

Link to comment

I tried it on the md device first. It said it was 'mountable' and 'mountable & writable' but then exited with an error:

 

xfs_repair -v /dev/md5
xfs_repair: /dev/md5 contains a mounted filesystem
xfs_repair: /dev/md5 contains a mounted and writable filesystem

fatal error -- couldn't initialize XFS library


So I stopped the array, and ran it on the actual device. Nothing ended up in lost+found (there is no lost+found on that disk)

 

Link to comment

Sorry we should have explained better. You would have to start in maintenance mode, then you could have just told it in the webUI to do the check. I think you should do a correcting parity check. It would be a good test that everything is working well anyway.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.