Cache reads: Unmountable: no file system

My Windows VM started acting weird. I tried to shut it down and had trouble doing so from the UI. I did a force shutdown. When I tried to restart the VM it gave me some execution error about a read only file system. I then rebooted my system. When it came back up my cache drive shows as unmountable, no file system. 

I have no idea how to recover form this. I have been regularly backing up my libvirt, and appdate using the plugin. Can anyone help? Diagnostics attached.

medserver-diagnostics-20180315-1307.zip

4 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

If all cache data is backed up just format it and restore, if there's important data see here to try and recover/fix:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=543490

Thanks for the help. Can you please specify what you mean by all cache data. The plugin backs up my appdata and my libvirt image. Is this sufficient?

If I format and restore this everything will return as normal?

18 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

I don't know what data you have on you cache drive, appdata is enough to recreate the dockers, libvirt to keep the VMs settings, but you also need the vdisk(s), is that on cache your elsewhere?

my vidsks are on /mnt/user/vdisks/ but when I ssh in and look I do not see this directory there, so I assume that it is on the cache drive/ I do not have a backup of the vdisks unfortunately, I guess I would have to try the recovery link above? 

8 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Yep, /mnt/user can be on cache or array depending on how use cache is set for that share.

Thanks I'll try the recovery process. If that fails, I did find an older backup of my vidsk. Better than nothing I suppose. I would format, restore from CA Backup_restore, copy over the old vdisk and reboot?

37 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

No need to reboot, you just need to stop the VM service when restoring libvirt.img.

btrfs restore -v /dev/sdX1 /mnt/disk2/restore

this seems to be working to restore some data. The first method returned could not read superblock. Any chance that something in the logs shows that it is the hardware that went bad? Should I be replacing this SSD?

• 2 years later...
On 3/15/2018 at 10:34 AM, JorgeB said:

If all cache data is backed up just format it and restore, if there's important data see here to try and recover/fix:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=543490

Just thought I'd let you know that this post and those instructions saved me from loosing my VMs (which were not backed up) and the most recent copy of other data (which was backed up but getting this was easier).

I'm currently copying it into a pool directory then will make a fresh BTRFS or XFS cache drive.

• Like 1