Going from 6.3.5 - 6.5.0 - What should I know?

Hi...

I have been reading and it seems that there can be so many different things to consider or watch for when going to version 6.3.5 to 6.4.0+.  I am sorry to say I am really not clear on what will or will not work as it does done when done. Something like there is no more plug-in system or something that effect, and dockers can be an issue.

So is there any thread or FAQ about upgrading and then warnings of what you need to know about what will or will not work or what you need to not have installed or whatever? 

I want to upgrade, but I am unsure if I will just break the system and find myself doing hours of work. :)

Thanks for any guidance. 

David

Current unRAID = 6.3.5

Plugin I run...

CA Backup / Restore Appdata
CA Cleanup Appdata
Community Applications
Dynamix Active Streams
Dynamix Cache Directories
Dynamix System Buttons
Dynamix System Information
Dynamix System Statistics
Dynamix webGui
Open Files
OpenVPN Client 
Preclear Disks
Speedtest Command Line Tool
Unassigned Devices
unBALANCE

Dockers I run...

CouchPotato
CrashPlanPRO
EmbyServer
sabnzbd
Sonarr
transmission

See what I mean. :)  A lot that could be overlooked.  Thanks for this,  seems like it is quite the process, thus all the threads on it when 6.4 came out and went from there.  Looks like there is work to do on my end. The good news I guess, I do not really have a lot going on like a lot of the users to. :)  

Ok, well I have now moved to 6.5.0 and have a question.  One of the suggested things to do is to make an SSD cache drive XFS.  So in looking to do this, I wanted to see how much data I needed to move to to gauge the apx time needed to do the change over.  That is when I discovered that the drive readings shown are not correct.

I have 120Gig SSD drive.  It says on the MAIN tab that used is 16.8 GB. But I know that can't be right as the DOCKER image alone is 26.8 GB according to my MacBook. 

So the questions...Am I right and the info displayed is incorrect or does the docker image somehow not count as data used? (Which seems weird to me as I would think used space is used space for that file is that large.)  So if the cache drive is off like that, how can the rest be trusted?

As far as making this change...Am I correct...

1) Stop Dockers.

2) Copy files off.

3) Stop Arrary

4) Change the Cache Drive to XSF

5) Restart the array

6) Format Cache drive

7) Move files back - Restart Dockers.

Thank You for the help in this upgrade.

screenshot_1883.png

screenshot_1882.png

screenshot_1884.png