out-of-band management card support?

Muff

7 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Don’t think you’ll find that in an unRAID plugin. I use a KVM viewer or HTML5 browser for that on my SM board.

Yes, I know. It was a bad example and I'll delete it.

The beauty of Out-of-Band-Management is that you only need a network cable and you can access your server/PC over the network instead of using a KVM-switch.

Here is an example of such card: image.thumb.png.72c0c60c6d927224c94ebb3c70889fdf.png

Can I use it on an unRaid server?

17 minutes ago, Muff said:

Yes, I know. It was a bad example and I'll delete it.

The beauty of Out-of-Band-Management is that you only need a network cable and you can access your server/PC over the network instead of using a KVM-switch.

Here is an example of such card: image.thumb.png.72c0c60c6d927224c94ebb3c70889fdf.png

Can I use it on an unRaid server?

I don' t think it's an unRaid compatibility question but rather a hardware question. I run several proliants and use iLO's remote management. Several on here do. Viewing boot screen does work with the correct browser. I've never booted into unRaid' GUI/desktop mode with it though... integration/information that dynamix system stats reads is limited and a crapshoot at times.

8 hours ago, 1812 said:

I don' t think it's an unRaid compatibility question but rather a hardware question. I run several proliants and use iLO's remote management. Several on here do. Viewing boot screen does work with the correct browser. I've never booted into unRaid' GUI/desktop mode with it though... integration/information that dynamix system stats reads is limited and a crapshoot at times.

Cool, thank you!

Is there any card you would recommend? I know HPs iLo has a license cost if you want more features.