New Prerelease Support board

Would it be worth adding a sticky with guidelines on raising issues on this new support board, such as proving release on which issue occurs in, full description, how to reproduce the problem, any error in logs and/or diagnostics file, etc.

One of the first issues raised was basically just a "problem still occurs" report which after a few days, certainly after a release or 2 is practically useless.

This new section always shows a green arrow that - according to the logic of the other 95% of this forum - would mean that there is unread content.

Wouldn't it be possible to get the Prerelease Support to function like the rest of the site and "dim down" the symbol if there are no unread content?

56 minutes ago, pwm said:

This new section always shows a green arrow that - according to the logic of the other 95% of this forum - would mean that there is unread content.

Wouldn't it be possible to get the Prerelease Support to function like the rest of the site and "dim down" the symbol if there are no unread content?

That would be nice but the that title "Prerelease Support" is really a link to a page that is displaying a "database" (what IPS calls it).  Meaning it's not really part of the Forum itself.  In addition, there is a way for a Mod to move a topic and all replies from the Forum to the prerelease database, there is no way I can see to go the other direction.

It's like a constantly itching rash so have that green symbol constantly lit up with the implied message "READ ME - UNREAD CONTENT HERE".

Could you at least see if you could change the color of the icon so it doesn't follow the same color theme as the icons that actually means there is unread content?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, limetech said:

Which we have.

In the future, if you decide to move a forum, could you update the title of the announcement thread to reflect this?
I just wasted 45min trying to find posts I'd bookmarked, and then the forum itself which seemed to have disappeared. I was sure it was a bug in the forum SW.
It's confusing to announce the experimental forum in the Announcement forum, but not the change back to a different forum (esp. since it's at a different location in the hierarchy).