w^w

[6.5.0] don't boot after bios update but 6.4.1 did

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi.

I used so far 6.5.0 unRAID version on my machine until today when I update my motherboard BIOS to the newest version. After BIOS update I see only "loading bzimage... ok" and "loading bzroot... ok" and next system is restarting. After restart the same situation repeats. BUT when I switch to 6.4.1 everything works OK.

My motherboard is ASUS P10S-M WS with 4301 BIOS version.

UPDATE:

In 6.5.1rc1 this problem still exist.

Edited by w^w
update

What does it do if you select the GUI mode from the boot menu?

I will let you know because the only thing which I tried was safe mode (no GUI) but in this situation the problem still exist.

Try using EFI boot selection in bios and ensure directory on flash drive is set as EFI.

7 hours ago, Squid said:

What does it do if you select the GUI mode from the boot menu?

In GUI mode system boots up with no errors but when I try to run LibreELEC VM with gpu Intel HD Graphics P630 I have this on log:

2018-03-23T15:42:19.818621Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=00:1f.3,id=hostdev1,bus=pci.4,addr=0x1: vfio error: 0000:00:1f.3: group 9 is not viable

6 hours ago, BRiT said:

Try using EFI boot selection in bios and ensure directory on flash drive is set as EFI.

When I disable legacy mode in BIOS system boots up perfectly but when I try to run LibreELEC VM with GPU I have this on VM log:

2018-03-23T15:35:42.561504Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio_region_write(0000:00:02.0:region2+0x43ed50, 0x0,4) failed: Device or resource busy

It looks like that in UEFI mode my graphics card is busy and can't be used by VM.

Edited by w^w

Hi. I have some new info after many tests of unraid version 6.4.1 and later.

According to my last post...

When I power up my server with 6.5.0 or later unraid versions without hdmi cable plugged into it everything works perfect. After unraid boots up I need to plug hdmi cable into server and whola I have a LibreELEC VM perfectly working with IGD HD Graphics P630 passthrough BUT can someone tell me why in version 6.4.1 everything works perfect without unplugging and plugging hdmi cable?

When I don't unplug hdmi cable in 6.5.0 or later version I have a

Device or resource busy

on VM log and black screen shows up.

Anyone could help me?