Permission from TOWER/Nobody?

So I'm only testing unraid out.  Using it with a single drive and an ssd for cache.  I'm setting up all of my dockers and user shares that I'm going to want for when I finally build out my actual server.

I've only been using it for a couple of days now, but when I navigate to files in my user shares from a windows machine using Explorer, it won't let me delete files.  Says I need permission from TOWER/Nobody.

Who or what is Tower/Nobody as it's not a user.  Is there a way to fix this?  Am I missing something?

• Haha 1

You probably first accessed a public user share. Windows / SMB negotiated a connection using your Windows account, and since it was a public share, it was allowed. Then you tried to access a share that was not public but the established connection was not allowed. SMB only allows one connection, the already established one. And even though Windows prompts you to login, it has no effect. This is just the way Windows / SMB works whether you are trying to access unRAID or some other system.

You can go to Windows Control Panel - Credential Manager and delete the established connection so it can be renegotiated.

Here is a sticky with other ideas that may help with Windows problems:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/53172-windows-issues-with-unraid/

• Like 1

So then would you recommend removing the established connection.  Then enter a secure share, use my unraid account credentials.  Then after that I can entire all secure shares (that that unraid account has access too) and public shares without issue?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I got it working in all of my shares, except one now... Maybe I messed up permissions some where.

My torrents folder, that rtorrent downloads too, then moves to a completed folder.  Once it's in the completed folder, rtorrent automatically unpacks the rar files.  What I'm trying to do is deleted that extracted file as Sonarr/Radarr has already grabbed it and made a copy of it in my plex folder. 

Do you think rtorrent is establishing sort of ownership over a file that is keeping me from modifying it?

Everyone and users (UnixGroup\users) have Read checked when you look at the permissions from my windows side.

Untitled.png

Edited by Meller
Added image

Unraid.

The way I have it set up is I have two shares.  MyMedia which Plex uses for it's media libraries, and a torrents share which rtorrent uses.

For my dockers, I have Plex, RTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Jackett, Ombi, and tautulli.

What happens is, either Sonarr see's a new episode for a monitored series airs or someone requests a movie/tv show via Ombi.  These requests are then sent to rtorrent, which downloads said media file.  It starts with the Media in Torrents/Downloading and when finished, it moves them to Torrents/Complete and unpacks them.  Once they are unpacked, Sonarr/Radarr then copies the files over to the correct media folder in the MyMedia share.  All of this works, flawlessly now. 

It's just that files that rtorrent unpacked automatically, I can't seem to delete.