[Plugin] Corsair PSU Statistics

In the spirit of badly written things, here is a plugin that reads Corsair power supply statistics and displays them in the dashboard. GPU load is the value from the output0 PSU lane. It is a wrapper for the corsairmi binary which reads out monitoring information for Corsair RMi and HXi power supplies. Works cool in conjunction with an UPS plugin.

Screenshot

To install, go to Plugins > Install Plugin and paste

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/realies/corsairpsu-unraid/master/corsairpsu.plg

Edited by realies
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for the development. Unfortunately, I failed to install the plugin. Error message below.

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/realies/corsairpsu-unraid/master/corsairpsu.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/realies/corsairpsu-unraid/master/corsairpsu.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/realies/corsairpsu-unraid/master/corsairpsu.plg ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
plugin: wget: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/realies/corsairpsu-unraid/master/corsairpsu.plg download failure (Invalid URL / Server error response)

Awkward... I tried again and it now works. No idea what I was doing wrong. You see from my copy & paste that it was not a typo... Anyhow, it is what it is and fortunately succeeded to install the plugin.

Unfortunately, the plugin is not working yet (though installed without errors).

I have a Corsair RM1000i. After successful install, it doesn't show anything. See copy&paste below:

Uptime Temp1 / Temp2 Fan RPM Supply Volts Nominal Power GPU Load PSU Load PSU Load %
null            
  • 2 weeks later...

Mmh.. Thanks for your note. Could it be related to you having a HX1000i vs. my RM1000i? Is there some other way in Unraid to see whether it is it is working besides a docker? Maybe within a Windows VM or command line? Did you need to activate it in the bios or something else that is required to get it running. I bought the RM1000i for this feature, but never actually tried it out.

Got it, but still not working.

I now connected the cable from the PSU via UBS to the on-board USB port of my Asus X299-A.

I thought this was the obvious mistake, but unfortunately, this is still not working. Still shows "null".

Any idea whether I can test this from command line in Unraid? Do I somehow need to passthrough the USB port to Unraid?

It seems that I connected the cable correctly (see below), but I am still not seeing anything with the plugin. Any thoughts?

USB Devices

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 125f:c92a A-DATA Technology Co., Ltd.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1b1c:1c0d Corsair
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
  • 1 month later...

@steve1977, sorry for the lack of communication, I did not receive any notification for posts in this thread. I'll make sure I'm subscribed to it.

It seems that your Corsair PSU shows up as 1b1c:1c0d. Interestingly, while I was able to source the device IDs for the rest of the Corsair smart PSU lineup by decompiling the Windows client, I did not have any confirmation about the device ID of the RM1000i until now (only an assumption).

With this information, I have updated the plugin, which now supports RM1000i and displays meaningful errors on any potential failure (instead of "null").

The "GPU Load" label is hardcoded to say that and it outputs the "output0 watts" value that the "corsairmi" command responds with (type "corsairmi" in the terminal for more). The name is hardcoded to say that only because this was my use-case at the time I wrote the plugin and configuration with other systems might differ. If there is demand, future versions might allow for custom labels. "PSU Load" is the "total watts" value from the same "corsairmi" command.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, realies said:

@rix, what does it take?

probably not much - they have added a few sections and sorted information in tiles. your plugin still works - but is misplaced at the top of the screen..

id rather have it beneath the "server hardware info" tile next to the ups stats.

an easier solution would be just copying the styling of one of these tiles and moving the psu stats to the bottom

example.PNG