restore flash disk

Acu

Hello,

i have problem. I update UNRAID v6.4.0 to v6.5.0 and after reboot PC not boot (boot error). I have backup i use (CA Backup / Restore Appdata). I tested the flash is OK and format. Then I copied from CA backup all files to flash disk and run make_bootable.bat. OK UNRAID running but I do not have my disk configuration there. Where am I making mistake?

The CA backup does not make a copy of the file that stores the disk configuration (I believe it is named  super.dat).  Instead, it creates a file named   DISK_ASSIGNMENTS.txt  which contains all of the disk assignments at the time when you made the backup.  The reason for not making the a copy of the actual configuration is that if you changed disk assignements after the copy was made there are some ways that you could lose data.  

What you will have to do is print out that file and manually assign the disks using the table in the file.  Double check that everything looks right before you start the array.  (In fact, I would not assign the parity drive(s) until after I had started the array and determined that none of the data disks were unformatted.   (If you find that one of the data disks is unformatted, STOP and post back with more details!)  

Edited by Frank1940

Yesterday, finally, the disks were assigned as they were. It started to check the parity automatically so I left it overnight. But the discs look like unformatted. I hope the dates are still there. I'd rather try to mount linux media and backup the array manually.

I would suggest that you do a bit of research into the many tools (both Free and Fee) that will make images of drives.  You would be looking to see if they can make a image file that when restored to another flash drive will be bootable.  

Having said that, there is not real requirement for such an image.  IF you just copy back the files in the flash drive from a backup folder (or the GUI zipped backup) and run the appropriate makebootable utility, you will have a working drive that will boot.  If you are not reusing the old flash drive, you will have to get a new .key file in either case.