No on board video, how will it Unraid?

Greetings all,

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance. I am new to unraid, i'm just a tinker-er that fell in love with the unraid.

My proposed build from old parts:

Processor: AMD FX8350

Motherboard: M5A97 R2.0

Crucial 16gig (2x8gig) Unbuffered ECC

My problem is that my motherboard does not have on board video, can i simply install a GPU and install unraid that way? is it that easy? or is there a can of worms waiting to happen that i am not aware of, please guide me. PS i don't have an old gpu so i'll have to  buy a cheap one hence why i'm asking.

Best Regards,

Shane.

Just be careful that your power supply is a single lane.  I started with some existing HW like you did and scaled it up to 5 drives, at which point I started to get funny errors that made no sense.  Parity errors, reboots, lockups.  Yet the hardware all tested out fine.  Turns out that the PS was not single lane and this is the result.  You can test and start small with non recommended hardware like you suggest above, but check your PS out.  It might be the first thing you need to replace as you scale the server.