Preclear script can't find unassigned disk

I recently replaced an HGST 4 TB parity disk with an HGST 8 TB.  I precleared the 8TB drive, installed and parity-synced.  I then re-installed the 4 TB disk to a different port.  I went to run the preclear script on the  4TB and it could not see it!  preclear -l reports "No un-assigned disk detected".  I stopped the array and clicked on the dropdown assignment menu and the 4 TB show up there (see screencap).  Anybody know what's wrong?

showing_unassigned.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I plan to upgrade but not before I have step-by-step list to move to mysql docker for my Kodi install.  I just thought I would pre-clear this disk first.  This has always worked for me before and I would like to understand why it is failing now.  Should I use the "new Config" util in UnRaid 5.0.5 to reset the configuration?

Just checked devs.ini and it has:

[device0]
id="HGST_HDN724040ALE640_PK1334PCJZXT9S"
device="sdj"
size="3907018584"

This is the old 4 TB parity disk that I want to preclear.  It just looks like the preclear script is not reading this correctly for some reason.  ????

Edited by CaptainTivo
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2018 at 5:50 PM, CaptainTivo said:

No dice.  This odd, from what I can tell pre_clear.sh gets it's info from /boot/config/disk.cfg and so does the gui so they should see the same thing, right?  Attached is my disk.cfg file.

disk.cfg

One source of array information is extracted from the /boot/config/super.dat file. Sometimes serial number of old disks remain there and that will keep your disk from being recognized.

You will have to edit the script to bypass that limitation.