Docker - custom br0 not showing up anymore

lixe

Hi there,

for some time I was bridging eth0 and eth1 on my unraid server, but now didn't need it anymore. So I stopped the array and disabled bridging. Since then I'm not able to choose "custom br0" as network type for my dockers. I've tried nearly everything, but it won't show up. I've disabled and enabled "custom" in the docker settings, disabled and enabled bridging in my network settings. I've even updated to 6.5.1-rc3. But the best I can do right now is to disable bridging and then I get at least "custom eth0".

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For me there's never a br0, and I have not set anything aside from defaults. Also, /var/lib/docker/network/files/local-kv.db does not exist on an up to date unraid server.

The networking stack is still very flaky in unraid. If I change the docker settings for networking, it can entirely hang the server and make it inaccessible.

While all I have here are 2 NICs connected with a bond, so that speed is faster to/from the server. Other than that nothing deviates from the default.

• 7 months later...
On 3/31/2018 at 7:17 PM, bonienl said:

Use the terminal console and execute

rm /var/lib/docker/network/files/local-kv.db
/etc/rc.d/rc.docker restart

This will rebuild the docker network stack.

I'm also having to do this every time i reboot my server. Is there a permanent fix?

• 1 year later...

Im in dire need of help concerning this topic.

I've got Guacamole and would love to connect to my unraid host ssh. But it won't.

I remember playing around with networking in the past, so might have ruined sth back then?

Ive got two NICs, only 1 connected (eth0)

Bridging is on for VMs (br0)

Docker custom network type = ipvlan (selecting macvlan won't work, it will change back)

creating a custom macvlan with parent br0 won't work either (it will start of course, but guacamole still can't connect to unraid ssh)

I also somehow lost my custom br0 network along the way, and deleting the local-kv, and restart rc.docker only resulting in deleting my custom network and not recreating br0...with as consequence, me having to recreate my custom nginx network, and changing sth in all docker containers so they would properly restart again.

Maybe they are related? Should I start a new topic? With proper diagnostics? I Would love to hear from you.