Community Applications Server Status

45 minutes ago, Squid said:

Switch to "Legacy Mode" (top right) which will allow CA to limp along.

Hi @Squid,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried loading legacy mode, but its still showing status as below, its still loading.

Please advise how to proceed further. Should I abort It?

legacy.thumb.PNG.e8f86278c8f5584bea1a090638620aff.PNG

23 minutes ago, Squid said:

Getting Legacy Mode to work on a slow internet connection (where it takes more than 2 minutes to do its thing) is on the to-do list.  It just doesn't come up very often that legacy mode is even required (but it is there for this eventuality), and combined with a slow internet.

If it takes longer than two minutes, the "Updating" screen will never disappear, but it still does the thing in the background.  Give it say 10 minutes, then just reload the page and you're in business

3 hours ago, saarg said:

Our host has some problems with their block storage and I guess the app feed is stored there. 

http://status.digitalocean.com/incidents/8sk3mbgp6jgl

Actually rather surprised that its hosted in Frankfurt.  Just for giggles though, I ran speed tests (https://www.digitalocean.com/help/policy/) on all of digital ocean's centres, and they're all roughly the same from my location with the rather notable exception of Bangalore and Singapore for which I might as well use dial-up.

i was having the same issue, thought maybe it was unraid version as upgrading from 6.4.1 to 6.5 was a little squirrley for me.  tried upgrading to 6.5.1-rc3 and reinstalling CA but no luck.  legacy mode did work for me.  will the fix for normal usage be posted once it happens?

1 hour ago, John_M said:

Trying to troubleshoot a different problem by removing and re-installing plugins, I have a server stuck (in Legacy mode) on "Updating Applications This will take a few minutes".

10 hours ago, Squid said:

Getting Legacy Mode to work on a slow internet connection (where it takes more than 2 minutes to do its thing) is on the to-do list.  It just doesn't come up very often that legacy mode is even required (but it is there for this eventuality), and combined with a slow internet.

If it takes longer than two minutes, the "Updating" screen will never disappear, but it still does the thing in the background.  Give it say 10 minutes, then just reload the page and you're in business

The more than 2 minute thing (This is an exact time by the way) is a by-product of how unRaid works and CA works.  This has been changed in the next rev of CA which will be released once the appfeed server is operational (so I can verify everything still works).  In the meantime, give it a couple more minutes and then just reload the page.

It's just never been a priority until today, because

1. I didn't think it would affect a fair amount of users (if any)
  2. We haven't as of yet had an extended server outage, where a ton of people bored on Easter Sunday would be playing with their server's all at the same time.

Edited by Squid

ok, so how do i become an elite member of those who can enable legacy mode? 

when i click legacy mode, i get a pop up that says 'switch to legacy mode?' I can 'update lists' or 'cancel'...when i click update lists, it says its updating applications, this will take a few mins.....i let it do its thing,  but after a couple minutes the message disappears and i still cant access the CA.  If i refresh the screen, i just go through the entire process again...

Im sure im missing something very basic, Im not the most advanced unraid user.

unraid 6.3.5 

any ideas? just trying to get a sabnzbd docker installed....

9 hours ago, Squid said:

1. We haven't as of yet had an extended server outage, where a ton of people bored on Easter Sunday would be playing with their server's all at the same time.

Never underestimate what lengths people will go through to avoid family time lol......Same goes for Christmas too. Everyone goes to movies so they don't have to talk to relatives LOL