DiskSpeed, hdd/ssd benchmarking (unRAID 6+), version 2.10.7

49 minutes ago, elmetal said:

I too am getting the Array index [2] out of range, array size is [1] when trying to benchmark

The others were reporting that error while scanning their hardware. This is the first I've seen it while doing a benchmark. Can you post a screen shot? You do not need to include the Java Stacktrace.

On 6/20/2018 at 2:28 PM, jbartlett said:

The others were reporting that error while scanning their hardware. This is the first I've seen it while doing a benchmark. Can you post a screen shot? You do not need to include the Java Stacktrace.

It just started working after a reboot... wtf?

• 2 weeks later...

The utility is showing all of my disks except for one. On the right side at the top it says "1 new drive detected. (sdb)", which is the drive that is missing. I have re-scanned controllers multiple times but it keeps showing the same. The missing drive (sdb) is a WD Red 3TB WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0. I have three of this identical drive and it's finding the others, just not this one. The missing drive is seen in the array, storaing data, no errors, passing SMART, and appears healthy. I have six drives plugged into the motherboad sata ports, including the one missing sbd. I also have a PCI sata card with 1 drive that is showing up fine.

Edited by caseyparsons

Nice Docker @jbartlett! Thank you.

Here are my results:

image.png.ba0606260dac39ae31a62b20ee4cf73d.png

o Parity, Parity 2 and Disk 1 are brand new WD Red 4TB.

o Disk 2 and Disk 3 are WD Green 1.5TB

o Disk 4 and Disk 5 are salvaged 2.5 inch disks from old notebooks

o Disk 6 is a "shucked" disk from a portable HDD

o Disk 7 is also "shucked" disk from a WB MyBook 

Edited by FlorinB
On 7/8/2018 at 12:36 PM, caseyparsons said:

The utility is showing all of my disks except for one. On the right side at the top it says "1 new drive detected. (sdb)", which is the drive that is missing. I have re-scanned controllers multiple times but it keeps showing the same. The missing drive (sdb) is a WD Red 3TB WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0. I have three of this identical drive and it's finding the others, just not this one. The missing drive is seen in the array, storaing data, no errors, passing SMART, and appears healthy. I have six drives plugged into the motherboad sata ports, including the one missing sbd. I also have a PCI sata card with 1 drive that is showing up fine.

That's odd that one drive out of many connected to the motherboard isn't being recognized. Only thing I can think of is that you have two controllers and one drive is plugged into the 2nd controller and that one isn't being picked up. I'm working on a new way to scan the drives which should pick up controllers better.

jbartlett: I have the same problem as caseyparsons and the others, 6 disks missing out of 22. In System Bus Tree everything is ok, but at the top I have 6 new disks found and these disks are not shown on the left. In my case all 6 disks are from an external esata enclosures (2 enclosures per 4 drives, but two disks from first enclosure are shown ok and 6 others are missing).

I'm using Adaptec 71605E cards and none of the drives on those controllers are showing up. I get the message "18 new drives detected. (sdb, sdc, sdd, sde, sdf, sdg, sdh, sdi, sdj, sdk, sdl, sdm, sdn, sdo, sdp, sdq, sdr, sds)" but none of them show up in the tree. Everything worked fine with my old LSI cards, so I assume it's a controller issue.

I've emailed my debug log to John.

...fingers crossed.

I have seen that the last Version of this excellent tool is Beta 4 and still running without problems.

Keep going with this good work John ;-)

If it is "allowed" to make a "small" suggestion for the optics... this odd "red frames" around the disk when they working is really outdated style...

I am thinking about a little red dot or something else.

But this should not be a criticism, just a note ;-)

Its a very good tool and very helpful!

Edited by Zonediver
  • 2 weeks later...

For a while now, I also get the array index out of range error, when trying to run a benchmark. It does not spin up any drives. Scanning works fine. Here is a screenshor of the error:

Untitled.jpg.3ab0a67e941888223f86f3e64cd6d5aa.jpg

I tried to reboot the server and pulled a fresh image with a new appdata folder. No changes. Do you have any idea what might cause this?

Thank you!

Noted about the red outline style. It's more of a proof of concept thing and it would resolve the layer overlap issue. I've also found and fixed (in beta 5) the index out of range issue mentioned above.

I have a beta build of this beta (inception beta?) to test the new drive scanning logic. If you have drives that don't show up due such as using expander cards or multi-port controllers, this may resolve the issue.

To test beta 5, change the repository for the Docker app to add ":beta" onto the end, the bold text as follows: jbartlett777/diskspeed:beta

Don't forget to change it back after I officially release beta 5.

NVMe & USB drives will show up after the other storage controllers. USB drives will have a static image.

nvme usb.png

Edited by jbartlett
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, cpshoemake said:

Awesome work jbartlett! It is now detecting all of my drives. One bug I've noticed is that if I attempt to start a benchmark on an individual drive, every drive is benchmarked again.

Thank you!

I just tested the individual drive benchmark and I couldn't reproduce. Give it a shot when I post the beta 5 release in a few after I finish hiding some code in progress so I can get a release out.

Beta 5 deployed

• Rewrote the drive & controller detection to scan for drives and then locate their controller & port info instead of the other way around
  • Rewrote the system bus scan & tree display
  • List all storage controllers first, then NVMe drives together, and then USB drives last under the USB controller they're attached to
  • Display which USB Bus devices are on
  • Added IOPING for drive latency and random/sequential seek tests, performed prior to a benchmark (info will be graphed in future update)
  • Fixed "can not remove element" error during drive scan
  • Added image & text defaults for USB drives
  • Disable benchmarking or editing of USB drives
  • Remove Info icon on USB controllers
  • Do not submit USB drives to the HDDB
  • If the controller Link & Max speed is the same, display one line instead of two with the label "Link & Maximum Link Speed"

Updated and run but I get the following error.

DiskSpeed - Disk Diagnostics & Reporting tool
Version: Beta 5

Scanning Hardware
18:53:55 Spinning up hard drives
18:53:55 Scanning system storage & USB architecture
18:53:56 Scanning hard drives

Lucee 5.2.7.63 Error (expression)
Message can't cast empty string to a number value
Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
/var/www/ScanControllers.cfm: line 570 
568: <!--- Assign --->
569: <CFLOOP index="i" from="1" to="#ArrayLen(HW[Key].Ports)#">
570: <CFSET NewPorts[HW[Key].Ports.PortNo]=Duplicate(HW[Key].Ports)>
571: </CFLOOP>
572: <!--- Replace --->

called from /var/www/ScanControllers.cfm: line 551 
549: </CFLOOP>
550: </CFIF>
551: </CFLOOP>
552: 
553: <!--- Identify total ATA ports on controllers --->

Java Stacktrace lucee.runtime.exp.CasterException: can't cast empty string to a number value
  at lucee.runtime.op.Caster.toDoubleValue(Caster.java:496)
  at lucee.runtime.op.Caster.toIntValue(Caster.java:789)
  at lucee.runtime.type.wrap.ListAsArray.set(ListAsArray.java:335)
  at lucee.runtime.type.wrap.ListAsArray.set(ListAsArray.java:340)
  at lucee.runtime.type.util.ArraySupport.set(ArraySupport.java:331)
  at lucee.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.set(VariableUtilImpl.java:405)
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.set(PageContextImpl.java:1468)
  at scancontrollers_cfm$cf.call_000066(/ScanControllers.cfm:570)
  at scancontrollers_cfm$cf.call(/ScanControllers.cfm:551)
23 minutes ago, MMW said:

Updated and run but I get the following error.

Looks like it couldn't determine the port numbers of the drives on the controller.

Can you please create a debug file for me and email it to [email protected]?

The URL for creating the debug file: http://[IP]:18888/isolated/CreateDebugInfo.cfm

Select the button for "Create debug file with Controller Info"

Edited by jbartlett
  • jbartlett changed the title to DiskSpeed, hdd/ssd benchmarking (unRAID 6+), version 2.10.7