SOLVED -Updated from 6.4.0 to 6.5.0, GUI doesn't start.

On 03/04/2018 at 10:02 PM, kolepard said:

I recently updated from 6.4.0 to 6.5.0.  When I restarted, it boots to the login prompt, but never starts the UI.

You have an illegal character in your server's hostname. Try changing the underscore to a hyphen: change NAME="Tower_bkup" to NAME="Tower-bkup" in the config/ident.cfg file on your USB boot device.

Thank you.  I updated the name and it starts the server and I can access the web interface, but it still doesn't start the GUI, though I can (as before) log in to the terminal.

In the past I've just updated after looking at the release notes.  I see this time there is a thread about the other preparatory steps that needed to be taken, which, of course, mentioned the change in legal characters.  With future updates I'll look or similar threads before updating.

Anyway, I'll run through the thread on updating to 6.5.0, and I have Fix Common Problems running now.

in the worse case I suppose I can always start with a fresh installation.

Thank you again for your help.

Kevin

• kolepard changed the title to SOLVED -Updated from 6.4.0 to 6.5.0, GUI doesn't start.